Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [quote="George Orwell wrote in 1984 that "If there is any hope, then it lies with the proles." From what I have seen, then there is NO hope for society![/quote"]

Hang on, you missed the best bit.

"The Lottery, with its weekly payout of enormous prizes, was the one public event to which the proles paid serious attention. It was probable that there were some millions of proles for whom the lottery was the principal, if not the only reason for remaining alive. It was their delight, their intellectual stimulant.Where the Lottery was concerned, even people who could barely read and write seemed capable of intricate calculations and staggering feats of memory. Winston had nothing to do with the running of the Lottery but he was aware that the prizes were largely imaginary. Only small sums were actually paid out, the winners of the big prizes being non-existent persons."
    I HATE FOOTBALL!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATF
    ITV Sport would be awesome - but how about just ITV Motorsport? F1, BTCC, WRC, BSB
    ...sounds a bit like ITV4 to me.

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    They used to show some decent stuff at night, including the legendary Weir's Way.
    Anyone remember The Haunted Fishtank? A sort of after-dark TV Burp, but with more of a pretence to reviewing telly, presented by Ed Hall. Brilliant late-night ITV stuff from the late '90s, sadly cancelled shortly after I discovered it (the old reverse midas touch; see also Channel 4's late-night computer game show Bits).

Talking of reverse midas touch, how come no one's investigating all of Mark Radcliffe's old quizzes? I'm sure the contestants on Oh Lucky You and Beat The Clock, among others, weren't selected randomly...
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    why is it that in sky there are loads of channel that are +1. like e4, uk gold, paramount etc etc. How come bbc1, bbc2, itv1 and channel 4 arent included. these are the channels people mainly watch so it would make sense....surely?
    valenciafc.co.uk :)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tony_yeboah
    why is it that in sky there are loads of channel that are +1. like e4, uk gold, paramount etc etc. How come bbc1, bbc2, itv1 and channel 4 arent included. these are the channels people mainly watch so it would make sense....surely?
    Because these channels all show news - and news has to be live.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Plans now seem to be being made to make ITVPlay's old slot into an ITV movie channel in the future.

Sounds good, but I'm not holding out much hope for quality films being shown
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Who wants to watch films on ITV? They're almost always cut to ribbons, and there's adverts every 20 minutes to ruin the mood.

DVDs are so dirt cheap to buy or rent these days, and digital offers film on-demand or near-on-demand without adverts.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Post of the week, by the way, on the Guardian's comment pages:

Tell you what - what a classic demonstration of the contrasts in approach to public service broadcasting right at this minute: Comic Relief on BBC1 raising 38 million pounds for charity, whilst on ITV1, Make Your Play.

Posted by williamt on March 17, 2007 01:50 AM.
    So true.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u