Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    Cole Whitt is more talented and MUCH more verstatile then Danica Patrick. Simple as that.

Whitt is one of those American USAC grads, that Bernard is trying to get back into Indy Car Racing.

I find Princess's "battles" with backmarkers like 98 year old Morgan Shepherd, Tony Raines and that nobody (I literally can't remember his name) in the #27 today, hilarious. She is a trip. And a joke.

And she better get used to "getting the bumper". She hasn't earned jack squat as far as respect goes and NOBODY is going to back down from her, when they see the green and black bullseye in front of them. Plus, she better learn to get the hell out of the way, when she is slower then the car trying to pass her. She keeps tearing up equipment, because of this.
    But she is still learning!

Absolutely spot on! Oddly enough, she is still racing the same people she has been racing since her first races in Nationwide. She isn't getting any better, contrary to the ESPN cheerleaders. They were all excited when she passed McDowell, who is usually a start and park and running an uncompetitive Dodge of unknown age that can barely make the field. Even Eury, Jr thought the best they could hope for was a top 25 and "only" one lap down. After 12 races, that is pretty sad.

Whatever she has been doing back in the pack (thankfully ESPN no longer dwells on that too much), obviously even the back markers no longer give her ANY respect. After Raines moved her out of the way, even Shepherd roughed her up. When Morgan Shepherd moves you out of the way, you really are a menace. These guys are racers running on no budget who are just trying to make a living and can't afford to fix bodywork. They do everything to avoid contact. But they are professionals and racers at heart. If you don't show them any respect, and chop and block, and wonder all over the track like some of the coverage shows she is doing, eventually they will do something about it. These guys grew up on the bull rings and they understand "physical" racing. Danica apparently thinks she is exempt from the rule to play nice or ........

But she showed them. First she put Alex Kennedy (who?) in the wall just because she was bumped by him. That was ridiculous and really over the top. It was like going after the 98 lb weakling after getting shoved by football star. Then she tried to push Annett out of the way and put herself in the wall. Yeah, she showed them. What a total joke.

Unfortunately, it won't be funny when her antics gets someone hurt. Right now, all she is doing is regularly tapping the deep pockets of GoDaddy and giving body men job security.

I suspect the "Danica" show is really wearing thin in the Nationwide garage. She has crashed or had incidents in every race and seems to have p*ssed off nearly all of the racers she was been driving around. In that respect, she is worse than Steven Wallace. She is the NASCAR version of a cross between Milka Duno and KV racing. Gets in everyone's way, then crashes. Al least Milka is really nice to the people around her.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    If she finishes --5 laps down
    Most likely punted into the wall while blocking.
    At 2 bits of blather by ESPN.
    You must be clairvoyant!

7 laps down
    Punted herself in the wall after being punted while blocking
    More than 2 bits of blather by ESPN

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Finally able to watch a race. For most of the race she puttered around about where she started and thanks to yellows did not go a lap down for quite a while. Even ESPN did not go too gaa ga although they were a little over the top.
    However when things got serious near the end the brown stuff hit the fan. She got some 'assistance' and then went after the wrong car. Even her spotter said that was not cool. When she really got nailed as people got fed up she sounded hysterical. I couldn't understand what she was screaming. I will admit my hearing is damaged after 40 years around race cars.
    I expect Homestead will be another farce.
    Tony must be aging rapidly!!!
    I forget who but it was said her car was too tight. Geeeeeez. Imagine that.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    I know, she retaliated on the 27 and he didn't even do anything to her.
    That guy, must be a total tool.

She looked like she rammed him going about 200 MPH. Totally bushleague and something that should have gotten her parked (she doesn't even know how to put the bumper to someone properly).

Then, this fool has the perfect opportunity to retaliate (after they both pitted together) and he does nothing. If that was just about any real stock car racer, she would have been in the fence ASAP. Kinda like what Buescher (who is also a stock car novice) did to her at Fontana. She kept pushing him and pushing him and he sent her sorry ass into the wall.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl
    With the number of start-and-parkers, the mid 20s was a safe guess, but she wasn't even on target for the only one lap down.

Finishing 25th to 35th every week, is particularly lame because there are only 35 or 36 actual race cars each week in these races. Today, there were 8 start-and-parkers. So, as long as she can make it through the first 30 laps or so, she is guaranteed to finish 35th.

Hell, Ricky Carmichael looks better then her so far. And his 4 wheel racing career isn't exactly a very long one.

These new drivers come into the series (with lower dollar teams/equipment) and they are already better then her. Just think what Cole Whitt will do, when he gets a few races under his belt.

Josh Wise (another USAC grad) was very competitive in the #7 car earlier in the year. Had a few top 10's, if I remember correctly and was consistanly on the lead lap.

She isn't getting any better. She looks no better or no worse then AJ Foyt IV did, when he tried the Nationwide series in 2005 and 2006. He got 11 races and lost his job (when his lower-tier team went under financially). At least Foyt (who had to qualify for every race on time and didn't have the luxury of "start-and-parkers" to help his finishing position) qualfied 11th in his 4th Nationwide race.

At this point, she isn't even doing as well as Erin Crocker did in Nationwide.

And judging by the paltry crowd today (it was really poor), she isn't drawing folks to the race track (or the TV sets).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Then, this fool has the perfect opportunity to retaliate (after they both pitted together) and he does nothing. If that was just about any real stock car racer, she would have been in the fence ASAP. Kinda like what Buescher (who is also a stock car novice) did to her at Fontana. She kept pushing him and pushing him and he sent her sorry ass into the wall.
    He showed some class, something she can't even spell. He quite literally can't afford retaliation - on track - and probably knows she doesn't respond to "advice" in the garage.

That is one advantage she has over the other drivers at the back. She has a sugar daddy who can afford to fix wrecked cars. They don't, so when she does something like run Nemechek to the wall, or block drivers like McDowell or even Raines, they aren't likely to do anything about it. If they wreck their car, they may not be back at the track the next week. Some of them don't even have a back up car that is remotely competitive. For them, it isn't playing gladiators, it is a business decision as they are just earning a living. Which is why seeing them move her is almost a shock. For them, it is a very high risk move financially.

Buescher on the other hand has his future father in law to foot the bills as he owns the team (Turner Motorsports). IF (a very unlikely if) she ever gets nearer to the front, she won't find drivers as willing to back off and give her room.

The Princess has not learned that you don't get respect in NASCAR just because of who you think you are, you earn it by your actions and the respect you afford others. You don't see other drivers giving Morgan Shepherd or Nemechek a hard time. They have earned the respect of other racers as drivers who will run you clean. The Princess on the other hand, show respect to no one, and gets the same in return.
    And judging by the paltry crowd today (it was really poor), she isn't drawing folks to the race track (or the TV sets).
    The novelty factor wore off a long time ago. Most NASCAR fans seem to judge her solely on her dismal performance.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I really can't believe you folks are actually watching her races in the taxi cabs. I'd rather watch paint dry.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    I really can't believe you folks are actually watching her races in the taxi cabs. I'd rather watch paint dry.

Gary
    I watched NASCAR and Nationwide long before she was involved. I continue to watch in spite of, not because of, her. She's an irritating distraction on the track and on the commentary from the real racing going on.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    If she finishes --5 laps down
    Most likely punted into the wall while blocking.
    At 2 bits of blather by ESPN.
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum
    You must be clairvoyant!

7 laps down
    Punted herself in the wall after being punted while blocking
    More than 2 bits of blather by ESPN
    Yeah, it's almost scary how he called that one! I have a PM going his way so we can discuss some lottery numbers.

And I continue to find it "interesting" that the ESPN Zoo Crew never notices Danica wandering around in the middle of the track, and THAT is what has been leading to her getting bounced out of the way recently. But she is getting faster. She's now just fast enough to get in the way of actual stock car drivers. I wonder if GoDaddy pays the ESPN boys with actual cash or gift cards? I bet gift cards. Those are tax deductible.

All I know is, my two least favorite drivers in all of motorsports got their ears totally pinned back this weekend: The Danica and Alonso. Maybe it's bad that I can revel in the misery of others. But ya gotta take any little bits of happiness that you can get these days. :
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I dont know why Im here but I actually read this thread for the first time, it is absolutely ridiculous.

All you do is bash Danica for no reason and undeserving.

First off as for the last race, yes Tony Raines car accidentally cut Danica's tire but what Alex Kennedy did to her later was completely uncalled for. She bumped him back but it was deserving. Just earlier to that, Alex was on the inside of her car constantly pushing her out to outside of the track for no reason. He was bumping and pushing her for quite awhile and that was completely uncalled for and preventable.

When Danica bumped him back, she did just fine, she didnt cause him to wreck but was just letting him know that all that contact he did to her was unnecessary.

She is still learning these cars and she will be the first to tell you that. You wait till next season and she will be finishing very respectable.. Top 10's and higher!
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion