Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Texas twin 150's?

That is what Robin Miller was referring to tonight.

More bang for the buck. Spice it up. I like it.

Good move, I think.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A little blast form the past have not seen this idea since early years of CART. Cool idea I like it but they need to bring back the triple crown also. Nothing like a driver trying to win each 500 mile race in one season. A feat that has only been done once in Indycar history.
    The Only True Triple Crown Winner-- Al Unser Sr. 1978- Indy 500, Pocono 500, Ontario 500

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Maybe if they could get a couple more 2.5 mile ovals back on the schedule worthy of a 500 miler they could consider the triple crown, but I don't see that anywhere on the horizon with what appears to be happening between Indycar and ISC. I just can't see Texas or any of the 1.5 mile SMI tracks being a 500 miler. If you take ISC out of the equation, that leaves Pocono and a race at Texas World Speedway as the only super speedway options which is about as likely as my landing on the moon for my birthday.

some time ago We mentioned something like Indy, LongBeach and Road America as a triple crown, i.e. the grandaddy of each discipline, but that just screams desperation, kind of like the oval and road-course championships.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
    If Fontana replaces the lost Chase for the Cup race with an IndyCar race, it should be a 400-miler.

If IndyCar ever hosts two races in a weekend, the second one should be longer and award more points. Each weekend should have one winner. Don't copy WTCC and FIA GT1.

If IndyCar evver adds a mini tournament, I believe that it should represent all track types: ovals (Indianapolis), temporary (Long Beach) and permanent roadies (Watkins Glen or Road America). To begin, I'd give 100-70-55-45-35 points to the top 5 finishers at those races and 10 points for the pole.
    Nitropteron - Fly fast or get crushed!
    by NaBUrean Prodooktionz
    naburu38.itch.io

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NaBUru38
    If Fontana replaces the lost Chase for the Cup race with an IndyCar race, it should be a 400-miler.

If IndyCar ever hosts two races in a weekend, the second one should be longer and award more points. Each weekend should have one winner. Don't copy WTCC and FIA GT1.

If IndyCar evver adds a mini tournament, I believe that it should represent all track types: ovals (Indianapolis), temporary (Long Beach) and permanent roadies (Watkins Glen or Road America). To begin, I'd give 100-70-55-45-35 points to the top 5 finishers at those races and 10 points for the pole.
    Make it superspeedways (Indy), short ovals (Milwaukee or Loudon), road courses (Mid-Ohio or Birmingham) and street circuits (Long Beach).
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The format will be like the old races of the 1970's. The twin-feature format is a tried and true short-track format of Saturday Night races.
    In Christ,
    Bobby

Deuteronomy 31:6-8

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyC
    The format will be like the old races of the 1970's. The twin-feature format is a tried and true short-track format of Saturday Night races.
    And we all know how modern formula car fans and Saturday night short-track fans are the same demographic!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyC
    If they really want to make it INTERESTING... they should invert the starting order of the field for the second race based on the finish order of the first race... Milka on pole, Will Power in the last row... let 'em blast through...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Speak for yourself Tony.
    You don't speak for me.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPVguy
    If they really want to make it INTERESTING... they should invert the starting order of the field for the second race based on the finish order of the first race... Milka on pole, Will Power in the last row... let 'em blast through...
    That would be cool. The race is short enough that some of the midpackers might be out front far enough to stay there too. Plus, have you noticed that there are times when Penske and Ganassi guys seem to struggle a bit once they are back in traffic? Sort of like they run less downforce knowing they'll be in cleaner air...and when they're not it sometimes backfires. If they had to plan on intense traffic from lap 1, might have a different setup.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.