Page 79 of 222 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka View Post
    Location. Though it's good for testing, as Tommi says, it's remote. They'll have longer commute and supply routes to events which costs more and team personnel and equipment will spend more time on the road.

But most importantly, what about team personnel? Who are they going to hire for key positions? I see only bad options:
    -locals (good for manual labour, sure)
    -people willing to relocate to icy reaches (whose intellect that puts into doubt)
    -people working remotely from civilization (not an ideal way to work in a team)
    Jonka I looked on map for Puuppola and I see that in addition to millions of km of fantastic gravel roads, there are actually some things that look like highways...yeah! Really! And i bet those highways go someplace---eventually...
    But it's nothing that planning can't solve---and a operation like this is really ALL about planning, so no problem.

On the City web sajt it says they actually have some schools:
    The University of Jyväskylä and the JAMK University of Applied Sciences are among the most popular higher education institutions in Finland.
    That means at least there is electricity and phones and probably even internet connection.
    And I bet it works..

You do bring up very serious points about finding people willing to relocate and live in remote place by normal civilised standards but maybe we can agree that for rally driving, rally mechanicing and especially basic designs that a absolute need is the ability to concentrate and to be what I call "Mission directed"...to concentrate on the task.

Certainly anybody applying to work there must be aware of that and have worked out the balancing act in their head needed..

Nothing at a high level like this is a 9 to 5 job..

My only thought is the enormous difficulty--the virtual impossibility---of rapidly learning Finnish for those times when the imported talent is not busy designing, inventing, welding, machining, testing..

But with a University there I imagine that the imported talent can have opportunity to meet and get to know one of Finlands best home grown products: the friendly Finnish women...

And then they will probably be very happy employees...
    Last edited by janvanvurpa; 4th October 2015 at 21:00.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts
    Tommi Mäkinen - buying decisions next week... http://yle.fi/uutiset/tommi_makinen_...ikolla/8361901

Liked 9,383 Times in 4,995 Posts
    @tmgofficial at Tokyo Motor Show with Yaris Gravel Test version ..

#M-SPORTER

Liked 11,182 Times in 4,441 Posts
    Words can't describe how ugly that thing is. Hopefully it works well at least .
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

5. Likes: AndyRAC (30th October 2015),irish_tiger (13th November 2015),itix (30th October 2015),TWRC (30th October 2015)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Words can't describe how ugly that thing is. Hopefully it works well at least .
    More beautiful black wheels..

Got to listen to the 18 year old fashion consultants.

(barf)
    Why do wheel manufacturers go along with this stupid fad---you can't even see the wheels.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Ha, I like black wheels, look great with many liveries IMO, especially in tarmac setup cars.
    aka Rodger Davies

8. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (30th October 2015)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    @tmgofficial at Tokyo Motor Show with Yaris Gravel Test version ..

Tommi´s 2017 prototype will look different...
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    To be honest, I think the livery is what ruins it the most. The standard white test car looks all right, so if they can just do a white car with something like what msport did for 2014 (some curved lines along it) or something like bouffier does on his cars (but not the french flag obv.) this could be good looking...

...and pleaaaaase ditch the stupid black wheels. White rims plz (or i dunno... bright yellow, baby blue, pink... any color but black)!

Liked 846 Times in 391 Posts
    The wheels look minuscle, I don't mind the livery though. But will we ever see this in action (other than tests)? The whole TMG/TMR thing still confuses me.

Liked 1,256 Times in 682 Posts
    I hope it goes better than it looks...... (Just doesn't have the WOW!! factor)

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???