Page 63 of 222 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    I have still a question to people who says that "Finland is logical choice" because of best drivers, best distance to Japan, best roads etc...

Why Toyoda realized it 2 years late?
    I wonder why no team used that " best drivers, best roads, best managers" logic until now...

2. Likes: AndyRAC (3rd August 2015)
    Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    you suffer so much?
    Loeb's gone. I think you are suffering, while all around you are rejoicing.

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Sooo where's the secret test today in Jyvaskyla...?
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    First point - I meant exactly what I said, as written. I'm pretty sure that's probably what happened. Toyoda came over to Finland last year and I read in Autosport that Tommi lobbied him to get this programme. So he surely had to convince Toyoda-san that his way was a better way than TMG - who assumed they would be getting the programme.

Second point - Again I think this is pretty clear. Tommi is bringing in people he's worked with (Zotos/Donaldson) and drivers he is friends with. I'm not saying that's not logical, and there's probably loads of recruitment going on behind the scenes. But the way everything has seemingly been put on Tommi makes it feel like TMR WRC Team rather than Toyota Gazoo WRC Team.

Please don't think what I am saying is anti-Finnish or something. That's your interpretation.
    But what you are saying no one else did things like Tommi do when building up a new team? I think everyone has to use their connections to be successful. And like OldF says, the only odd is that it´s not situated in England, France or Germany.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    I have still a question to people who says that "Finland is logical choice" because of best drivers, best distance to Japan, best roads etc...

Why Toyoda realized it 2 years late?
    Because Cologne didn´t do the thing right. No winner from that place the way they have managed it so far.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Sooo where's the secret test today in Jyvaskyla...?
    Just north of Jamsa it seems like. Colin Clark just streamed a short video with Periscope and that shows his location.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MartijnS View Post
    Just north of Jamsa it seems like. Colin Clark just streamed a short video with Periscope and that shows his location.
    Does anyone know it's actually Toyota? What would they be testing? Hyundai are doing VIP runs today but I don't know why they'd be branding that a 'secret'.

Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    Its Hyundai VIP runs indeed.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Because Cologne didn´t do the thing right. No winner from that place the way they have managed it so far.
    Still, it's something he could know before.

Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    I cant understand the logic behind Makkinen bashing here.Some people seem to prefer the sterile "works" approach as seen with VW and Citroen.But the independant team supported by a manufucturer has worked similarly if not better in results.Examples are countless(Richards/Prodrive/Subaru,Cowan/Ralliart/Mitsubishi,Wilson/M-Sport/Ford).Hell,even the old TTE was quite similar in approach with these teams as one man(Ove Andersson) set up and run the team with support from Japan.So,all in all, there is no indication that a Makkinen/TMR/Toyota way is doomed to fail as most people here suggest.

12. Likes: pantealex (5th August 2015),Rallyper (3rd August 2015),Simmi (3rd August 2015)