Page 161 of 222 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2215
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Intresting times... Neuville ofcourse is a no-brainer, if he's available and willing to sign. It would also be a strange move to let Hänninen go, now that he's been the main test driver and knows the car and the rallies (just like Tommi mentioned in the Motorsport News article). There something "Meeke-esque" with Hänninen - he's proven he's fast (2014 Italy, Poland, Finland and during all those Skoda years) when given the right opportunity, but the breaktrough result hasn't materialized yet. IMO Hänninen needs (and deserves as well) one full season to make it or break it. If I was Tommi, in 2017 Neuville (or Tänäk or similar, the #1 driver) would start all rallies with Hänninen being in the second car. Then Lappi (or Tidemand or Suninen) could be entered in the third car once that set-up is ready.

2. Likes: Hartusvuori (5th August 2016),RS (5th August 2016)
    Liked 171 Times in 99 Posts
    Neuville could actually go to Citroen which I believe would be a safer option that Toyota for him, if he wants to leave Hyundai of course. Toyota will probably start in a similar way as Hyundai did in 2014. An immature car with issues that will be ironed out during the first 2 seasons. So what is in Toyota that would make Neuville switch and go through the same story again?

4. Likes: pantealex (5th August 2016)
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariusz View Post
    So what is in Toyota that would make Neuville switch and go through the same story again?
    $$$?

Not saying that's what motivates Neuville by any means. But Toyota probably have a bit more to throw around compared to Citroen.

If I was Thierry I'd go to Citroen. I've got a good feeling about the C3. He's going to have a hard team-mate battle wherever he goes.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

6. Likes: pantealex (5th August 2016)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    $$$?

Not saying that's what motivates Neuville by any means. But Toyota probably have a bit more to throw around compared to Citroen.

If I was Thierry I'd go to Citroen. I've got a good feeling about the C3. He's going to have a hard team-mate battle wherever he goes.
    Who says Citroen will want Neuville? Meeke is now nailed on. Assume there are 2 more seats would Matton give one at great cost to Neuville or both to the cheaper next generation?
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts
    Yves Matton connects Neuville with Citroen. They already worked together in the past, and rumors say it's possible they will cooperate again soon.

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Indeed, Matton said Neuville (and I think Sordo also but I'm not sure) is his target for the 2nd Citroen. If he can't get one of them he will look somewhere else.

Makinen on driver prospects: http://www.autosport.com/news/report...-driver-lineup
    in short he will discuss in Japan and depending on strategy (longer or shorter term) he will choose between Tanak, Evans, Suninen, Lappi and Tidemand. Confirms Hanninen will be there and says 2017 will be just a learning year. Also says they will start with 2 cars and add a 3rd after a few rallies.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Who says Citroen will want Neuville? Meeke is now nailed on. Assume there are 2 more seats would Matton give one at great cost to Neuville or both to the cheaper next generation?
    Any team (except for VW) would take Neuville. Of course they can hire cheaper drivers, but if they did that, why are they in WRC at all? It's pretty important part of this whole thing to win rallies and possibly the manufacturers' title. So are the teams going to want someone like Neuville who is fast and scores a lot of points or some rookie who is just cheap? M-Sport is running Camilli basically because they can't afford anyone else. And Citroen is a team with both money and potential for manufacturers' title.

11. Likes: pantealex (5th August 2016)
    Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Matton as been very outspoken on the fact that he wants Neuville, and Citroën always sets the manufacturer title higher than the drivers title, so he wants to WRC drivers that can take points in every rally.
    Historically Citroën - even with Loeb - most often put the upcoming talent in the third car.
    If Neuville goes to Citroën I doubt Lefevbre or Breen can hope for a Citroën ride in 2017, unless they change their mind and enter a third car.
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#

13. Likes: pantealex (5th August 2016)
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Probably I’m wrong, but from Fowler’s words I’ve got the impression that Toyota is going to release a new Yaris model and TMR will be able to homologate a WRC version in time for next season, as they’ll use the mechanical components they’ve been testing (designed under 2017 rules).
    That's what I thought as well... That there will be a new model body shell. They are required to homologate things like Windows and roll cage etc and I wonder how the hell they can do that without a body shell.

That is what I can't figure out. They are not alone in this situation as Ford and VW is in the same boat if I have understood things right.

I read somewhere here that homologation was in October but maybe that was just for some parts.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Final homologation is middle of October.
    and don´t worry Tommi has many of those new body sells already. (Situation was different 6-12months ago)

and same goes for Ford and VW, new body type for 2017.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

16. Likes: Rally Power (7th August 2016),Rallyper (5th August 2016)