Page 130 of 222 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2215
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    No, as TMG also contains japanese humans. (However I don´t know if they are quiet too, but some sort of communication needed in the way project is going) And once again. On this very early stage I suppose they need to test reliability also on the car besides handling.

Oh Japanese..Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery quiet and worse, in all Asia, very hierarchical...very deferant... (read about co-pilots in Asian Airlines never speaking out when pilot is doing things wrong, and go to their death silently rather than screaming at the pilot..

It IS a problem.. Hell I was just in China again and talking about the top-to-bottom tendencies in all Asia and silence and obedience were so important..
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Per, You can never say so clear no. Communication within the project is the thing which often plays a crucial role even if You have the best individuals involved. I've been working in automotive (stock cars though) for some six years but I haven't met a single project where I could say that everything was properly communicated. With various manufacturers and suppliers, with people from all over the globe, with all the means of modern communication every time there is a lot of problems which can be prevented or solved by proper communication.

There is even something similar to the driver's feedback in my daily work. Imagine that one of the most famous car manufacturer gives You a written specification that "the feeling shall be soft and dull". What the hell is that? How can You as an engineer design something what You can't measure in numbers? It's same with the setup. To find the common language between two worlds - between feelings and numbers, between driver's heads and computers. It's really a tough challenge which You can never consider automatically working.

On the other hand it's not always a good idea to go too much international. Some people simply don't go well with others and sometimes it has a lot to do with typical national mentalities. For example I don't think that it's a good idea to have a common Japanese-Chinese team.
    Last edited by Mirek; 18th May 2016 at 16:23.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

3. Likes: janvanvurpa (18th May 2016)
    Liked 9,379 Times in 4,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Wow, that's a great noise from the new Yaris...

Makes you realise how important the sound of a rally car is to the spectacle and excitement. It's just as important, if not more so, than the cars appearance.

Hope sometime we can get this through to the TV people and let us have the option of a pure sound stream for fans that dont want/need a commentator talking non-stop.
    #M-SPORTER

5. Likes: Jack4688` (18th May 2016),janvanvurpa (18th May 2016)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    No other team would allow what is happening in the gazzoo team, but the japanese have their own way when it comes to flop so we just wait....

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Oh Japanese..Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery quiet and worse, in all Asia, very hierarchical...very deferant... (read about co-pilots in Asian Airlines never speaking out when pilot is doing things wrong, and go to their death silently rather than screaming at the pilot..

It IS a problem.. Hell I was just in China again and talking about the top-to-bottom tendencies in all Asia and silence and obedience were so important..
    I work with a lot of asians and boy is this a problem... I had a coworker who almost accepted being killed once just because he didn't dare speaking up when the other college (who was higher than him in rank) did something extremely idiotic that would have gotten them both killed if I hadn't intervened. The lower rank guy actually had a brain unlike the higher rank guy, but he didn't speak up due to their extreme hierarchical structures.

Liked 140 Times in 86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Wow, that's a great noise from the new Yaris...

Makes you realise how important the sound of a rally car is to the spectacle and excitement. It's just as important, if not more so, than the cars appearance.

Hope sometime we can get this through to the TV people and let us have the option of a pure sound stream for fans that dont want/need a commentator talking non-stop.
    Anything that means we don't have to listen to John Desborough!

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Again, individualism is no problem whether or not they can speak loud and clear with each other or not.
    Let´s face facts, those we know.
    Tommi (and Hanninen) testing two newbuilt cars, after what I know one in Finland and one currently in Spain. At this stage of testing Tommi seems to do big part.
    Why question that without big picture?

Like many of you guys say: let´s wait and see. Questioning this and that by now is not only stupid. It looks to me that there are more of you trying to be gods like N.O.T. whom even not him can tell the future.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

10. Likes: pantealex (19th May 2016)
    Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    I personally don't want to read only "whoah, that sounds good" posts. It's good to see people's opinions, experiences and feelings also because we can later go back to them and see who was the one to hit the nail. Some level of natural criticism is normal and healthy thing. Remember how hard Pentti was against the M-Sport spare wheel placement in Focus WRC/Fiesta S2000? Sadly he didn't live till the days when M-Sport abandoned the idea but he was obviously right that it was a blind alley.

Of course arrogant and rude one-liners is hardly a way to discuss stuff.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

12. Likes: Grundo Farb (19th May 2016)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    First was “it should be TMG”, then “Toyoda is naive” and “Finland isn’t handy”, a couple a weeks ago was “he’s not on schedule” now “Tommi’s too active” and “the team is too much international”, next it’ll probably be “he can’t pick drivers”…Jesus guys, give the man and his team a break and praise their hard work a bit more.
    Rally addict since 1982

14. Likes: itix (19th May 2016),pantealex (19th May 2016),Rallyper (18th May 2016)
    Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    First was “it should be TMG”, then “Toyoda is naive” and “Finland isn’t handy”, a couple a weeks ago was “he’s not on schedule” now “Tommi’s too active” and “the team is too much international”, next it’ll probably be “he can’t pick drivers”…Jesus guys, give the man and his team a break and praise their hard work a bit more.
    and then it will be "they only won because the guy in 2nd was slower"