Page 159 of 222 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2215
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    To be fair to Matt all this information came out in Motorsport News this morning. The post would have been more credible if he'd credited the source - rather than vaguely trying to pass things off as his own information.

Regarding it being a mule - Tom Fowler says they are using the current model Yaris as the base car for these tests, with a new model Yaris confirmed in time for next season. He said "it won't be a problem for the new car - underneath it's not so different". It's a 2015 Yaris on the outside, 2017 car inside. So it is a mule in that sense.

Those drivers were all mentioned by Makinen. He also says Hanninen will likely be kept on next year. Mikko Hirvonen is confirmed as joining the test team this week. But Mikko doesn't want a WRC drive.

So it's all true - put the pitchforks down
    Are you really saying that there is not yet a Toyota Yaris 2017? Are they really testing a 2015 car with 2017 aerodynamics?
    I want to think I misunderstand

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Are you really saying that there is not yet a Toyota Yaris 2017? Are they really testing a 2015 car with 2017 aerodynamics?
    I want to think I misunderstand
    According to the article yes.

"We're able to produce the current test cars using data for the 2017 road car, so on the outside the test car looks like a 2015 car, but on the inside it's a 2017 car."

So I don't think it's a big problem. The final car will just look visually different. It does sound like it's going to be more aero-focused than their rivals according to Fowler. He also said they used "nothing" from the TMG Yaris. And reiterated they are working closely with Cologne on the engine.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

3. Likes: AL14 (3rd August 2016),Rallyper (3rd August 2016)
    Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Now I understand that it's two different things mixed together - stock base model and a WRC car. To put it in one sentence like....
    Yes... YOUR smartness,

like a Skoda based Subaru...

5. Likes: Jarek Z (3rd August 2016)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    According to the article yes.

"We're able to produce the current test cars using data for the 2017 road car, so on the outside the test car looks like a 2015 car, but on the inside it's a 2017 car."

So I don't think it's a big problem. The final car will just look visually different. It does sound like it's going to be more aero-focused than their rivals according to Fowler. He also said they used "nothing" from the TMG Yaris. And reiterated they are working closely with Cologne on the engine.
    I actually got the opposite and definitely I misunderstood it. I thought that the INSIDE was like 2015 and the OUTSIDE (the car body) like 2017. It had no sense lol. Sorry.

Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts
    Mirek, next time don't play it all knowing smart guy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    Makinen has said this, two car team in 2017 with a possible third car being entered.

Car being tested now is a Mule, 2015 with 2017 internals.

Evans, Tanak, Lappi, Tidemand and Suninen candidates for WRC drivers in 2017.

Announcement after Rally Germany.
    Clearly isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    Clearly Makinen is quoted saying this.
    Sorry but it's obvious that it's not true.
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    Clearly you haven't been the most reliable source historically. Sorry for being rude but it's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Why are you doing this to yourself ? You obviously have no clue about the sport in general, is it some kind of mental issue like a compulsive disorder ?
    To be fair to Matt all this information came out in Motorsport News this morning. The post would have been more credible if he'd credited the source - rather than vaguely trying to pass things off as his own information.

Regarding it being a mule - Tom Fowler says they are using the current model Yaris as the base car for these tests, with a new model Yaris confirmed in time for next season. He said "it won't be a problem for the new car - underneath it's not so different". It's a 2015 Yaris on the outside, 2017 car inside. So it is a mule in that sense.

Those drivers were all mentioned by Makinen. He also says Hanninen will likely be kept on next year. Mikko Hirvonen is confirmed as joining the test team this week. But Mikko doesn't want a WRC drive.

So it's all true - put the pitchforks down

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    Clearly you haven't been the most reliable source historically. Sorry for being rude but it's true.
    Wellllll........ not this time. I just forgot to post that I read it in the magazine. I assumed a few of us here did already, I was merely just writing it on the forum for N.O.T to believe.

Tom Fowler, not Making! Paragraphs and quotes look all over the place on digital versions of magazines; My mistake, but as you can see, I clearly forgot to state where I got the info from - the same with the new M-Sport Fiesta for 2017 being tested with 2016 externals.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

9. Likes: itix (4th August 2016)
    Here's a lot of the MN article, now published on Autosport: http://www.autosport.com/news/report...medium=twitter

Who would have thought back in January that Tanak and Evans would be the first names out of Makinen's mouth for Toyota seats haha.

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Tänak needs same thing as Meeke, at least 2 year contract with either Toyota or M-sport or with an other team. Just look what it has done to Meeke and im sure it would be the same case with Tänak.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    WRC 2017: Toyota boss Makinen closing on driver decision

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...medium=twitter
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

13. Likes: pantealex (4th August 2016)
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Tänak needs same thing as Meeke, at least 2 year contract with either Toyota or M-sport or with an other team. Just look what it has done to Meeke and im sure it would be the same case with Tänak.
    I agree that Ott would benefit from some stability. The issue is whether he's shown enough for that long-term deal?

The reason I say that in relation to Toyota, is that I think what they will do is go for a pacey lineup to try to demonstrate the capabilities of the car next year. And by doing that they will be immediately looking to snare a bigger name in 2018 - so effectively one of the VW drivers.

In terms of upside I think you'd give Lappi a two-year deal for sure. Maybe even 3 if you rate him highly enough. I'd take Ott on a one-year deal with first option for 2018. And then have Hanninen run as a third car at select rounds.

I think that adds up to a really exciting lineup. Maybe also quite a big parts bill. But if the speed is there I think they will showcase it. Then the aim is to challenge for wins in 2018 from what Tommi says.