Page 60 of 222 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
    Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    i ve lost the touch with him for many years.
    he has worked for RML-Msport-ralliart-prodrive(subaru & mini)
    Last years was responsible for clients programm at prodrive with mini(Araujo)
    he has worked also for some teams at circuits.
    Ahhh he was the engineer of Araújo at Motorsport Itália... not good times for both
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    Nice one!

Wonder what the story behind the desition to leave 2 yrs of development and move everything to a new place and team.

I agree. I'd like to know the thinking behind the decision. Sadly, WRC journalists don't like asking questions, so I guess we may never find out.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Tommi clearly sold Toyoda-san the dream over some long evenings in the sauna. Now he's got to actually produce.

It really seems like a maverick move for what is a major manufacturer programme. Because right now it just seems like Tommi is getting his mates together.

4. Likes: AndyRAC (31st July 2015)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    quick an easy money for everyone involved... 2 years maximum then the party will be over.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Tommi clearly sold Toyoda-san the dream over some long evenings in the sauna. Now he's got to actually produce.

It really seems like a maverick move for what is a major manufacturer programme. Because right now it just seems like Tommi is getting his mates together.
    Don't forget the Finnish vodka........

But you've said what I've thought. It seems like a 'jolly' for Tommi and his mates....

It should be interesting to see how the whole programme develops.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    i ve lost the touch with him for many years.
    he has worked for RML-Msport-ralliart-prodrive(subaru & mini)
    Last years was responsible for clients programm at prodrive with mini(Araujo)
    he has worked also for some teams at circuits.
    Tanks, let’s hope Michael has a successful reunion with Tommi. At least I hope so, don’t know about others.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    Nice one!

Wonder what the story behind the desition to leave 2 yrs of development and move everything to a new place and team.
    What’s behind it is I think that Toyota want a WRC dedicated team which members doesn’t have to be involved in any other motorsport projects.

It doesn’t mean that two years of development is rejected, just that another organisation continues the development. With the new regulations with wider cars I don’t know how much the geometry of the suspension will change and if the current geometry design can be used as a base of the new one or has it to be designed from zero. By Mäkinen the engine & aerodynamic development and testing will still continue at TMG.

About the location Mäkinen has said that they will start at Puuppola at his current base for about a year and he will decide during August where the location will be in the future. He has close by a new building which is at the moment a kindergarten and he’s said that he don’t won’t to throw the kids out from there although the city of Jyväskylä has said they could consider a new location for the kids if Tommi needs the building.

And in fact there’s no need for any big facilities and +100 staff in the beginning because it’s all about designing the new car and build the prototypes to the 2017 regulations. He once said that about a half hour away there’s good testing roads for gravel testing. I think tarmac testing have to done some elsewhere because there’s no suitable tarmac roads in Finland except maybe the roads on Ahvenanmaa that I know are very narrow and could be the only roads in Finland for a tarmac testing or a rally.

Btw, Puuppola is closer to the Jyväskylä airport than the city of Jyväskylä.

10. Likes: Rally Power (1st August 2015)
    Liked 56 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danon View Post
    Is it Tommy Makinen in a Toyota with a Subraru Helmet? Or what'
    Jesus Christ, Kris!!! (Not again)

Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Don't forget the Finnish vodka........

But you've said what I've thought. It seems like a 'jolly' for Tommi and his mates....

It should be interesting to see how the whole programme develops.
    You guys seems to have something against Mäkinen or is it something against Finns in generally? Quite pathetic posts if there’s a change of a new manufacturer in the WRC, Pffft .

13. Likes: danon (31st July 2015),makinen_fan (1st August 2015),pantealex (5th August 2015),Rallyper (3rd August 2015)