Fantastic news!
Seems like the WRC is on the up again.

I feel the promotors need to get super pro-active now to keep the momentum going. Mini and Toyota is a great start and I think they can build on it.

The old saying goes "To make money, you need to spend money first".
If I was a promotor I would invite the top dogs of the car companies to WRC events. Put them up in hotels, fly them by helicopter to the stages, get them really involved with the whole WRC atmosphere. Give them a real taste of the scene and a weekend to remember.
IMO this is money better spent than sitting around a boardroom table looking at pieces of paper.
Let the CEOs see first hand the cars going past and the crowds getting excited. The fans queuing up to get the drivers' autographs. Show them how close the spectators can get to the action, and the service parks, compared to other motorsport.

Initially I would target those companies who have a history of rallying already, but have been away for a few years... SEAT, Hyundai, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Skoda. The sales pitch wouldn't be so difficult with these companies, as they already have a good knowledge of the WRC.
I would also try to do the big push with car companies using rallying as part of their marketing programme but not involved in the sport's top level. PROTON is a good example of this at the moment. Grab them now while they are interested before they find something else to spend their marketing money on... like a billboard at a football game. You could also add Fiat (Abarth) and Renault to that list with their involvement with S2000 and S1600 programmes respectively. These are the companies that are best placed to take the next step up to play with the big boys.

Promote, promote, promote!!!

Look forward to Rally NZ 2012 with Citroen, Ford, Mini, Toyota, Saab, Proton and more screaming past me on the Whanga Coast Stage!