Page 212 of 222 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2215
    Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Cheer up. Finally you know, when Lappi will start.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    I can't believe he's still in the team.
    We're FOUR RALLIES into the season and he's STILL in the team! Imagine that! No but seriously, you really must feel for both Hänninen and Lefebvre. The season has barely started (with all events being more or less "special" events if you like) and all kinds of forum experts and social media idiots are already wondering why they're STILL in WRC! I don't think it's ever been this bad before. And that Mikkelsen fanboy Colin Clark with his own personal agenda... jesus christ. Someone please just give that Norwegian a customer version of 2017-spec Fiesta already so we'd no longer have to listen to Colin Clark's weeping after each rally.

How come it's so hard to understand that these guys have been hired to drive a full (or almost full as in case of Lefebvre's) season and even if the other one seems to crash in every rally and the other seems to be just a bit too slow for the big league, it can actually be just as nice to see these guys getting their chances than it would seeing the same old faces motoring around season after season? Just let the guys do their job for God's sake!

And sorry for OT, but I just couldn't help myself.
    Last edited by Allez Andruet; 17th April 2017 at 19:04.

3. Likes: b3637853 (18th April 2017),cali (17th April 2017),DonJippo (17th April 2017),FinRal (17th April 2017),Hartusvuori (17th April 2017),Jeppe (17th April 2017),Simmi (18th April 2017),tommeke_B (18th April 2017)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    What plays in favour of Hanninen is that he has been developing the car from the very beginning and his feedbacks when he doesn't hit trees or bridges are valuable in a developing point of view (or at least I guess it since I don'r really know properly how it works this kind of developing stuff).
    Also he has a contract, yes contract can be breaken but they are still contracts.

I think the only reason to get rid of him (but still keeping him as a test driver) would be a longtime contract with Mikkelsen but I don't know if Andreas will agree with that.

5. Likes: EstWRC (17th April 2017)
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    We're FOUR RALLIES into the season and he's STILL in the team! Imagine that! No but seriously, you really must feel for both Hänninen and Lefebvre. The season has barely started (with all events being more or less "special" events if you like) and all kinds of forum experts and social media idiots are already wondering why they're STILL in WRC! I don't think it's ever been this bad before. And that Mikkelsen fanboy Colin Clark with his own personal agenda... jesus christ. Someone please just give that Norwegian a customer version of 2017-spec Fiesta already so we'd no longer have to listen to Colin Clark's weeping after each rally.

How come it's so hard to understand that these guys have been hired to drive a full (or almost full as in case of Lefebvre's) season and even if the other one seems to crash in every rally and the other seems to be just a bit too slow for the big league, it can actually be just as nice to see these guys getting their chances than it would seeing the same old faces motoring around season after season? Just let the guys do their job for God's sake!

What really baffles me is that he's known to be a crasher so they should have known to put exit clauses in the contract.

There are plenty of drivers on the market (granted, there were less when they signed him) and if I was Tommi I'd be so disappointed in Hänninens performance thus far. Crashed all four rallies and some rallies twice when he didn't even have anything to gain from pushing.

Yes he has developed the car, but that in no way excuse his dismal performance, especially given that Toyota only had two cars and he had the manufacturers championship to look after.

It isn't strange that they signed him when they did. What is strange is that he is still there...

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post

Citroen kicked Duval out for 2 rallies mid-season after he crashed in 5 out of 6 first rallies in 2005.

Also as others pointed out Hanninen crashed in 4 out of 6 rallies with Hyundai in 2014. (one of the crashes didn't cost him whole rally). This year he has crashed in 3 out of 4, now on Corsica even twice on same event. Not exactly impressive. If he now has a contract to drive whole year no matter what then Tommi must have been a bit desperate when signing him (understandable with no VW exit in sight).

Sure he actually doesn't have that much experience in WRC cars. But he won't get much experience (and Toyota much test data) by crashing on friday every other rally. He seems like a really nice guy. Then someone just pls tell him to first drive a bit more safe and then increase the speed.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    I agree four rallies is way too soon to pull the ripcord. But for sure Latvala's win in Sweden was the worst-possible thing that could have happened for Juho. Because the goal posts have completely moved since he was signed. And the 'learning year' has become something more. Tommi can be as loyal as he wants but what about Tommi's bosses?

For the record I'd like to see Juho complete the full season. The one thing we've never seen is a full campaign in a WRC car from Hanninen which has often led to conversations about how good he is/could be. I hoped this stability would have helped him this year but it appears perhaps not. Hopefully he can make things right as I believe this will be his final year in the WRC.

The big question for me is - if Toyota come to Mikkelsen mid-season with a two-year contract (2018/2019) but no rallies for this season. Does he sign that deal? Or does he play poker again that maybe Citroen break a contract, or that Ogier creates more ripples and moves on, leaving space at M-Sport?
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Security can only get you so far but when you are competing with guys who have done the stages at least for a few years, then you are already disadvantaged. We all know that experience counts in WRC but for some reason many seem to disregard this important fact.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    http://toyotagazooracing.com/release...c/0418-01.html

Official confirmation that Lappi will drive the third Yaris WRC in Portugal.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Nice to FINALLY see a press release. Still just one rally confirmed for the moment though.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Security can only get you so far but when you are competing with guys who have done the stages at least for a few years, then you are already disadvantaged. We all know that experience counts in WRC but for some reason many seem to disregard this important fact.
    Sure, but there are people with natural speed and consistency that prove that you can go semi fast without crashing. Breen is a good example. Both Sebastien too. I can probably think of more examples if I try.

Kubica I could understand because he lacked rally experience in general (compared to Hänninen anyway) but I absolutely can not understand why he pushes so much when he clearly don't have the skills.

It can't be all notes errors or lack of preparation, especially given the semi decent times he set when he's not crashing.