Page 199 of 222 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2215
    Liked 490 Times in 244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maciotacio View Post
    Did he say that yesterday? Some time ago, he said about 2 years contract for Hanninen.
    Yes, but Tommi said also that all the contracts are "flexiple". Both the team and the drivers are able to negotiate what they will do for the season 2018.

He said also that they are looking for the future and I would be rather sure that Lappi´s contract must be longer and who knows what is the situation with Suninen and Rovanperä

2. Likes: Rallyper (14th December 2016)
    Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post

How much enthusiasm!!!
    Look at Latvala's face. lol

The only happy is Makinen
    codrivers are also happy, cause they're passengers anyway, but drivers are so worried having to drive that car, already knowing what downtime it's going to be.

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon View Post
    codrivers are also happy, cause they're passengers anyway, but drivers are so worried having to drive that car, already knowing what downtime it's going to be.
    Mäkinen is happy, because he has tested it and thinks it is good. Only problem is, that when a faster driver drives it, suspension doesn't work anymore

5. Likes: A FONDO (14th December 2016)
    Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maciotacio View Post
    I think also Citroen is on par with Finnish boys.
    For Hanninen there will be no excuse of not knowing or feeling the car. He has to deliver results straight away or will be out of WRC for good. Young gun Sunninen is waiting in the queue.
    Meeke is faster then Latvala, both aren't super reliable.
    Breen is better then Hanninen, Hanninen hasn't been competing for years.
    Lefebvre is on the level of Lappi I think. Less talented but more experience, should be quite equal.

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Breen better than Hänninen? Seriously? Hänninen hasn't been competing for a few years indeed... When he was in the Hyundai i20 WRC he had a lot of issues and some crashes, but when things went well he was setting better stage-times than Neuville.

8. Likes: Mirek (14th December 2016),pantealex (14th December 2016)
    Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Breen better than Hänninen? Seriously? Hänninen hasn't been competing for a few years indeed... When he was in the Hyundai i20 WRC he had a lot of issues and some crashes, but when things went well he was setting better stage-times than Neuville.
    Yes, seriously. Based on Breens results this year and the lack of competition of Hanninen, I rate Breen higher then Hanninen.

10. Likes: WRC1 (14th December 2016)
    Liked 86 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD View Post
    Mäkinen is happy, because he has tested it and thinks it is good. Only problem is, that when a faster driver drives it, suspension doesn't work anymore
    The more I hear bashing like this - the more I want Toyota to succeed.
    Seriously, why are you so negative about it? Yes, I know Yaris is built in a farm of Makinen… but from another point of view it looks quite good:
    It has backing from Toyota
    It has sponsor
    It looks nice (!)
    It looks quite good on recent tests (remember Hyundai in 2014)
    It’s drivers lineup looks like this:
    One IRC and S-WRC champion who never had proper chance to shine in WRC (and did a lot of testing in Yaris)
    One fast guy who has 16 WRC wins under his belt (okay, he might not be next WRC champion, but he definitely can show Yaris potential)
    One young gun

For me, all of it looks quite nice! I wish all the best for them!

12. Likes: Allez Andruet (14th December 2016),Hartusvuori (14th December 2016),itix (14th December 2016),Jeppe (14th December 2016),Micke_VOC (3rd January 2017),Munkvy (14th December 2016),OldF (15th December 2016),pantealex (14th December 2016),Rally Power (14th December 2016),Rallyper (14th December 2016),spark13 (14th December 2016),ToughMac (14th December 2016)
    Liked 98 Times in 52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcco View Post
    The more I hear bashing like this - the more I want Toyota to succeed.
    Seriously, why are you so negative about it? Yes, I know Yaris is built in a farm of Makinen… but from another point of view it looks quite good:
    It has backing from Toyota
    It has sponsor
    It looks nice (!)
    It looks quite good on recent tests (remember Hyundai in 2014)
    It’s drivers lineup looks like this:
    One IRC and S-WRC champion who never had proper chance to shine in WRC (and did a lot of testing in Yaris)
    One fast guy who has 16 WRC wins under his belt (okay, he might not be next WRC champion, but he definitely can show Yaris potential)
    One young gun

For me, all of it looks quite nice! I wish all the best for them!
    well said mate i totally agree.
    I remember when Colin joins Ford back in 1999 the relibiality problems they had and i think that this is the case next year,not for Fiesta but for all cars.
    C3 will be the more reliable car.
    R.I.P.Colin Mcrae

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Guys, stop saying how poor was Hyundai at the beginning! It's totally incomparable. Don't you have an idea of their recources and infrastructure?! From the very beginning they showed not only high ambitions but also determination to achieve them. That's why so many professionals went there without doubt. And in 2016 they were "working" even more than VW. What do we have in Finland at the same time - one old man who has a hobby to drive rally cars at safe pace and hates anyone else's opinions! Only facility upgrade to meet WRT demands is one external toilet. Sorry but the bashing they get here is at the bare minimum. Of course it's better to have them rather than not, do not get me wrong.

15. Likes: COD (14th December 2016)
    Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon View Post
    Guys, stop saying how poor was Hyundai at the beginning! It's totally incomparable. Don't you have an idea of their recources and infrastructure?! From the very beginning they showed not only high ambitions but also determination to achieve them. That's why so many professionals went there without doubt. And in 2016 they were "working" even more than VW. What do we have in Finland at the same time - one old man who has a hobby to drive rally cars at safe pace and hates anyone else's opinions! Only facility upgrade to meet WRT demands is one external toilet. Sorry but the bashing they get here is at the bare minimum. Of course it's better to have them rather than not, do not get me wrong.
    Seriously I don't get people like you, how is Mäkinen any different than Malcolm? both are ex drivers, they also have their facilities at bulding that was not ment to be WRC factory from get go and are you saying that TGR guys arent working their butts off to make the car as good as possible? How can you say that Mäkinen hates opinions from others? Have you seen what they have already done and at the moment doing to their current place in Puuppola? it's seems to be bit more than just one toilet.
    Fact is Hyundai was poor at beginning, just like we all expect Toyota to be but I have faith in them.

17. Likes: cali (14th December 2016),OldF (15th December 2016),pantealex (14th December 2016),Rally Power (14th December 2016)