Page 117 of 222 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2215
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    As i said the main problem with the sport are fans with low standards, fans that count cars on entry lists, visiting events for 200 years and still go to spectate at hairpins, fans that want sideways action, fans that want talent-less arabs in WRC equipment, and fans that want a manufacturers involvement like Suzuki and Mini in the past just because they want more cars not true competition, that toyota team is a joke from top to bottom a finnish family business that makinen gathered all his unemployed friends to feast on the money from the japanese, and then when they are worthless on the stages you are going to cry about the superiority of WV and ogier.

Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    If there is a problem with the sport its people like NOT who constantly whinge about everything but never actually do anything or even come up with an idea of their own. Thats what I'd call low standards.

Apologies to everyone else, I'm probably encouraging the troll by giving him/her attention.

Can you do polls on this forum? Maybe we should have a vote

Liked 111 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    If there is a problem with the sport its people like NOT who constantly whinge about everything but never actually do anything or even come up with an idea of their own. Thats what I'd call low standards.
    Well said, NOT brings nothing, never did, never will. A poor guy...

About Toyota, it's fantastic to have them back in the WRC, we will see how it will go compare to the other teams. Next year VW, Hyundai and Citroen will have the better drivers so it will be difficult to beat them. For now it's more than 8 months before MC so there's still a lot of time.
    Think they will contract Neuville or Tanak besides Hanninen. And even Kubica could be a name for special (tarmac) rounds in the third car.

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Indeed: NOT you are to this forum exactly what you say about the teams/drivers/fans you don't like. You are a sick dog that says the same thing all the time and is never be capable of having any kind of constructive contribution to any discussion.

Back to the topic at hand, I think there's a good selection of drivers doing the testing on this car and surely giving good feedback, but don't know what to say about their engineering department. Can they do the same things VW, Hyundai and Citroen do? I mean having the technical capability to push everything to the limit. Even if the drivers are happy with how the car handles, the other manufacturers potentially have more experience/resources on the engineering side and may simply produce faster, more robust cars. To me that's one of the big questions about this project. The other being what drivers can they get, it seems the market is now in a place where several strong drivers retired but there are relatively few drivers ready to step up and lead a team.

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    [...]fans that want talent-less arabs in WRC equipment. [...]
    Talentless people like Al-Attiyah who has won the Dakar multiple times, WRC2 multiple times, won the PWRC etc etc... And yeah, he has a lot of practice and money for sure, but talentless he is not.

I take it that you want a sport of 5 VW and 10 ogiers that are all equal and the results are always mixed... no problem, I have a solution for you my friend:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:One-make_series

6. Likes: janvanvurpa (14th May 2016),pantealex (15th May 2016)
    친애하는 지도자
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    Talentless people like Al-Attiyah who has won the Dakar multiple times, WRC2 multiple times, won the PWRC etc etc... And yeah, he has a lot of practice and money for sure, but talentless he is not.
    plus olympic winner at shooting.

As i said people with low standards is the plague of this sport and that is the reason why the sport is hard to progress.

No matter how many times you point it out he is perfectly happy spectating hairpins, watching ken block drift and kubica trying to kill himself... It is going to be the same with toyota, the whole structure of the team is worthless from top to bottom and when they flop you are going to cry once more like you did with suzuki and mini and you do now with m-sport, but your standards are not going to change...

if you see a person eating from the garbage bin and you point out that he is eating garbage you cannot do anything if the reply is "but i like it".

Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    if you see a person eating from the garbage bin and you point out that he is eating garbage you cannot do anything if the reply is "but i like it".
    It must be tasty garbage or you would have given up by now.

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    plus olympic winner at shooting.
    *bronze medalist

As i said people with low standards is the plague of this sport and that is the reason why the sport is hard to progress.

No matter how many times you point it out bla bla NOT standard rant, yada yada, toyota rant something something, rant about the choice of food for most bears, cats, racoons etc etc
    Since you seem to have a problem with other people not being like you, I suggest you stop communicating with them...

10. Likes: janvanvurpa (14th May 2016)
    친애하는 지도자
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    It must be tasty garbage or you would have given up by now.
    I am not the happy one seeing the family business of discarded finish has beens and never beens running toyota

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    Back to the topic at hand, I think there's a good selection of drivers doing the testing on this car and surely giving good feedback, but don't know what to say about their engineering department. Can they do the same things VW, Hyundai and Citroen do? I mean having the technical capability to push everything to the limit. Even if the drivers are happy with how the car handles, the other manufacturers potentially have more experience/resources on the engineering side and may simply produce faster, more robust cars. To me that's one of the big questions about this project. The other being what drivers can they get, it seems the market is now in a place where several strong drivers retired but there are relatively few drivers ready to step up and lead a team.
    Every team has his own approach, but there are basic similarities. It is engineers that construct the car, drivers can make them faster. I trust Makkinen as a driver knowing what to demand of the car to make it strong and fast. The rest future will tell, but denying everything before it began is surely NOT the way to go.
    Lets not forget the driver line-up, this is the most important and I think they should give a chance to young talent for one of the cars.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI