Page 67 of 222 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
    Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    They are testing 2017 specs? TMR team?

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Can't fathom why this TMG car is still testing?

3. Likes: Jack4688` (26th August 2015)
    Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Can't fathom why this TMG car is still testing?
    If I understood it right TMR will use much of the developed work on their car. A joint-venture was announced in some areas such as engine etz.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Would TMG do an R5 car? customer support etc while TMR does the wrc car?

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi View Post
    Would TMG do an R5 car? customer support etc while TMR does the wrc car?
    Mäkinen will do R2 and R5

btw. Eamonn Boland´s new Subaru (in WRC Germany) is last Subaru which is built by TMR, next car out of Tommi´s farm is Toyota!!!
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

7. Likes: ToughMac (27th August 2015)
    Liked 16,097 Times in 6,986 Posts
    Despite the designation of Tommi Mäkinen as head of Toyota WRC project and its desire to build a new Yaris WRC in Finland, the TMG team seems to continue working on his side. In fact, it ends today a session of five days of testing on the ground in Andalusia. After his strong second place in the WRC2 Deustchland last weekend, Eric Camilli immediately took the path of southern Europe to pilot the prototype TMG Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Since yesterday it is Sebastian Lindholm has taken over.

While Tommi Mäkinen has not decided where he wants to locate its facilities to design and assemble the Toyota WRC that will be incurred in 2017, TMG appears to continue its work. The level of collaboration between the two entities do not appear to be yet fully defined. Tommi Mäkinen wants to design a new car within the Tommi Mäkinen Racing. For this, he recruited Michael Zotos as Technical Director. They had collaborated Subaru when Michael Zotos was operating engineer assigned to the car Tommi Mäkinen. Tommi Mäkinen has already contacted partners: Xtrac for transmission (as M-Sport Fiesta WRC for her or for the current Hyundai i20, but not the new one), the dampers for BOS (as Citroën). The engine and aero be entrusted to TMG. Cyrille Jourdan, the French engineer working on the TMG side project soulligne that these are the two main points of the new regulations in 2017 while Tommi Mäkinen argues precisely the fact to remake a self rather than using that of TMG because it is based on the current regulations! Wholesale at TMG, it was bad and Mäkinen wants to make his own way!

In addition to its responsibility, Tommi Mäkinen sees himself driving the Yaris WRC during the first tests. Mikko Hirvonen, a neighbor, should also incorporate the development agenda. Tommi Mäkinen was able to sell his project at the senior Toyota. His idea is to have a small agile team away from large structures such as TMG. He wants to quickly build two copies of a Yaris WRC following the 2017 regulations to a test in europe, the other on the other continents. But the Finnish announcement of ready facilities in June 2016. While the Toyoyta project seemed far ahead and on the right track, we have, right now, the impression that the team will hardly be in time to have a good self in Monte Carlo in 2017!

Opposite, we do not believe! Malcolm Wilson does not understand how Toyota can do without such resources in Germany. At Volkswagen, we have rolled a first proto behavior elements to the 2017 regulations!

Malcolm Wilson: "I am amazed, what Toyota in Cologne, that's all that needs a team in motorsport. It is an incredible structure with the best wind tunnel. I do not understand how they can say no to that. "

http://www.worldrallyisfree.com/2015...suit-sa-route/

9. Likes: AL14 (28th August 2015),traxx (28th August 2015)
    Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    "Malcolm Wilson: "I am amazed, what Toyota in Cologne, that's all that needs a team in motorsport. It is an incredible structure with the best wind tunnel. I do not understand how they can say no to that. "

The key question

11. Likes: nafpaktos (28th August 2015)
    Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts

Liked 16,097 Times in 6,986 Posts

Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    "Malcolm Wilson: "I am amazed, what Toyota in Cologne, that's all that needs a team in motorsport. It is an incredible structure with the best wind tunnel. I do not understand how they can say no to that. "

The key question
    Toyota has a lot of money and they want somehow to spend some.Exactly with what they did with their f1-joke program
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar