Page 93 of 222 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    SLR doing JWRC is to me an indication Loeb want to stick to rallying. MAybe SLR develops to a full WRC private team. Sponsors should like it, I´m sure.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    SLR is in quite a few series; WTCC, French GT, Porsche Carrera Cup/ SuperCup, etc

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    Also look at the following two phrases in Loeb's statement after Citroen's announcement:
    "I was surprised when I learned that I won't move forward to defend the colours of Citroen Racing in 2016."
    "I am disappointed that the adventure stops after two years because I had the desire to go get this title."
    Translated from his official website on autosport: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122150

This was followed by a statement from Citroen that Loeb wasn't "fired" and just moved over to Peugeot.
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122150

There's lots of other PR stuff in the statement but these two lines indicate he didn't want it this way. If he wanted to retire it would have been more about mutual decisions and time to stop (and even then it's not sure it's true ). So it looks like he's not happy with Citroen but does that mean he will go to a rival or return to the WRC? Or will he go back to try Le Mans or something like that? He may not be happy with Citroen's decision but he sour so that he would go against them?
    There's no need to speculate over Loeb's future outside PSA group.

2016 is going to be an interim season for Citroen in WRC before their '17 full attack. During next year they will gradually move human and material resources involved in their WTCC program to WRC. That's why they'll run a two cars team in WTCC, instead of the usual four.

Loeb's disappointment comes from not being chosen to stay in WTCC, because he hates to loose and wanted to prove that was able to beat Lopez (and Muller). Last two seasons results proved otherwise and probably his speed wouldn't be enough, again, so it was quite understandable that Matton kept Lopez and Muller in Citro reduced WTCC effort.

The Dakar program was the logical alternative, but in their rush to get the most of Loeb's image, Peugeot and Citroen marketing guys ended in a PR mess, giving the impression he was living for a different company, when his overall boss remains exactly the same.

It's in this PR messy environment that foolish journos print their BS articles, speculating about elaborated Loeb moves that'll never happen because everybody knows that it's more probable to see Jesus returning to Earth than Loeb leaving PSA!
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    I look at it completely the other way - why would Loeb not leave PSA now?

If there was any so-called loyalty Citroen basically tossed the guy that made their motorsport brand to the kerb. Once the Dakar is done, unless Loeb wants to do a few small rally raid events and play second fiddle to Timmy Hansen in WRX then he's going to need to do something else. If you read up on the situation, and Loeb's comments printed today, then you'll see that he can't just waltz between the two PSA brands, even if they do share a facility.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

5. Likes: AndyRAC (31st December 2015)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    I look at it completely the other way - why would Loeb not leave PSA now?

If there was any so-called loyalty Citroen basically tossed the guy that made their motorsport brand to the kerb. Once the Dakar is done, unless Loeb wants to do a few small rally raid events and play second fiddle to Timmy Hansen in WRX then he's going to need to do something else. If you read up on the situation, and Loeb's comments printed today, then you'll see that he can't just waltz between the two PSA brands, even if they do share a facility.
    Wasn't Loeb decision to leave WRC? Wasn't also his decision to get into WTCC after trying some GT races? Wasn't his decision to do Dakar after the Morocco experience? If he won't get enough thrill on Rally Raids (or even WRX) and at some point wants to get back into WRC, surely Citroen will find a way to run him alongside the other drivers.

This Loeb/Citroen split was a PR move to get a wider exposure for the Peugeot Dakar team, but turned into a mess. It'll pass rapidly with no major drama, as Peugeot, Citroen and DS motorsport activities are now more integrated than ever. It's not only a question of sharing the same facilities: for the first time there's a sport overall manager that supervise all brands programs.

Btw, the loyalty from Citroen to Loeb is there since the beginning of his WRC career. The team always run according to Loeb's preferences (that's why Ogier was sacked and probably Sordo never got a real chance to shine). Even now in Peugeot he managed to take Elena with him, when most factory teams uses experienced Dakar codrivers. In WTCC he got first driver status since day one, but simply wasn't able to match Muller and Lopez speed. What could Matton do more?
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    If he comes back it will surely be with Citroen. And why not comeback? Because you always longing to good old days and memories that was good. And oc he still can drive a rallycar as well. WRC was where he got all the victories.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

8. Likes: janvanvurpa (7th January 2016)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Loeb has very little to offer to the sport anymore from a driver point of view, your desperation to find the "Ogier killer" is sad people, and it shows. It reminds me the times when Loeb dominated and every nobody was coming up with names to save them from the pain.

10. Likes: EstWRC (7th January 2016),pantealex (2nd January 2016),Rallyper (31st December 2015)
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Maybe a challenge like this would be exactly what he needs!
    But I would also hire Lappi, and buy him a Fiesta WRC to use in 16.

Just so Loeb are not falling into the trap of developing a car just suited to hos driving style.
    Other drivers have found the DS3 a bit difficult to master 100%.

a new car need to be flexible, and a possibility to be set up for different styles of preferences!

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Evans' former codriver Daniel Barritt has joined Toyota to help develop a Japanese driver which name I can't remember.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

13. Likes: dimviii (7th January 2016)
    Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Loeb has very little to offer to the sport anymore from a driver point of view, your desperation to find the "Ogier killer" is sad people, and it shows. It reminds me the times when Loeb dominated and every nobody was coming up with names to save them from the pain.
    I would disagree here, I'd say if Seb came back, he'd prob be faster than the majority of drivers currently in WRC...