Page 215 of 217 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217 LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2163
    Liked 148 Times in 50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    It must be said I'm a Juho fan. He is about the most likeable guy in rallying, always showing his dry sense of humour. And on stages he is fast. This season is his first proper shot in WRC level as he is contracted for full season. He has made it hard for himself, but from the bottom of my heart I hope he could at least occasionally prove us wrong and deliver that good result.
    Couldn't agree more.

2. Likes: dimviii (20th April 2017),Hartusvuori (20th April 2017),pantealex (20th April 2017)
    Liked 812 Times in 413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    I think it was Lappi who had relatively lucky crash in GB as well, back-end of the car was quite badly damaged but luckily, nothing that affected driving seriously. But yes, he was better than previous seasons, at the same time, there was relatively weak competition for him.

Edit: Found the video as well, that was question of mm-s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcjeDsnji2c
    Come on bluuford, that's just a small mistake with only 'cosmetic' damages and litle time lost. Btw, considering Tideman, Suninen or Evans as 'relatively weak competition' for Lappi seems a bit exagerated...
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 2,541 Times in 1,400 Posts
    I was just hearing about a Jarmo Lehtinen interview (Sporting Director for Toyota WRC). He confirmed it was Latvala's technical know-how and experience of many different WRC cars that earned him a seat with Toyota, over Mikkelsen.

This was exactly why I said he got the seat ahead of Mikkelsen and I was widely ridiculed for it as many saw this as irrelevant and Mikkelsen as just the faster driver.

So I'm glad I was proved correct in my theory. I also think Latvala has shown that Toyota made a good decision, by the way he immediately developed the Yaris and has made it much faster than many thought from its previous test runs.

5. Likes: steve.mandzij (21st April 2017)
    Liked 54 Times in 26 Posts
    Have to agree with the resident troll tbh.

If anything Latvala is mostly known to constantly struggle with the setup and getting lost in it 2-3 times on same rally. Ref. his comments on how he was changing his setup to reflect Ogier's.

7. Likes: A FONDO (21st April 2017)
    Liked 151 Times in 85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    a finish nobody telling lies... why i am not surprised ?

The fact that latvala and Makinen share the same manager made the difference, everything else is just fuel for the autists.

I would not call Lehtinen a nobody by any means.

But I have to agree with your second statement

9. Likes: pantealex (21st April 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC
    I was just hearing about a Jarmo Lehtinen interview (Sporting Director for Toyota WRC). He confirmed it was Latvala's technical know-how and experience of many different WRC cars that earned him a seat with Toyota, over Mikkelsen.
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight
    If anything Latvala is mostly known to constantly struggle with the setup and getting lost in it 2-3 times on same rally. Ref. his comments on how he was changing his setup to reflect Ogier's.
    ...and where's the conflict?

Liked 5,793 Times in 2,751 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    . Then on Juho's turn he looked completely lost. He was reported saying finding no trust to the car after Latvala's setups and it took time to get it back more to his liking. Suddenly the car he had been developing and testing for thousands of kilometers was not his anymore. Clearly Juho have had difficulties in adapting to these changes..
    I have been working on the differential settings in particular: I didn’t feel that they were the best for me in Mexico, so that is something I really wanted to improve for Argentina, and we have some good solutions now.”

http://toyotagazooracing.com/wrc/rep...5/preview.html

Liked 2,541 Times in 1,400 Posts
    a finish nobody telling lies... why i am not surprised ?

The fact that latvala and Makinen share the same manager made the difference, everything else is just fuel for the autists.
    You cant argue with this idiot who has no facts and just denies everything, even information direct from the team, that proves him wrong.

Re Latvala know-how - everyone including N.O.Troll was criticising the Yaris in testing... then Latvala comes along, tests and tests more, makes some big changes to the (Hanninen) car and suddenly it's capable of winning stages and rallies.

JL: "He is an important developer of our car because he is well aware of all the technology and also very interested in it."

Mikkelsen may have had a better 2016, but Latvala has years of experience with WRC cars, even going back to active-diff cars. Is it a fact that Mikkelsen would've turned the crappy Yaris into a winner just by his driving ?
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 22nd April 2017 at 16:34.
    The Incurable Enthusiast

13. Likes: Allez Andruet (22nd April 2017),Rally Power (23rd April 2017)
    Liked 1,586 Times in 798 Posts
    basic simpletons believing everything they read.

No surprises there.
    The North Will Rise Again

basic simpletons believing everything they read.
    Don't worry, maybe someday you can read as well.

16. Likes: itix (25th April 2017),janvanvurpa (24th April 2017),Rally Power (23rd April 2017)