With all the recent talk of boring, changing race dates, and reviving fan interest etc etc etc...it got me to wondering what I would do to fix it. And I'm wondering what you would do also. So, here's my list.

1. Inverted Starts.

Totally invert the field. Make the fast cars actually have to race their way to the front.

2. Heat Races.

In a heat race format, every lap counts. There's no hanging out waiting for a pit stop to adjust the car. Mash the gas and go....or go home.

3. Remove The Spoilers

Find a way to make the cars near impossible to drive. This would make every turn an adventure. Think of Dirt Cars. Nobody knows going in to a turn if a car is going to come out of that turn.

4. Bias Ply Tires.

Get rid of the radials. Again, this would make every turn an adventure.

5. Lower Gears.

This would make powering off the turns the name of the game. Combined with bias-ply tires, no spoiler, and go or go home heat racing, a driver would have no choice but to mash the gas for all he/she was worth while hoping the car sticks.

6. Free Tires.

Typical of the Start N Parks is that they simply cannot afford the tire bill. So, include an adequate number of free tires for every car that makes the race and/or advances to the next heat race..

7. No More Green Flag Pit Stops

Stop the race every 20 or 30 minutes for a 5 minute pit stop with all cars lining back up according to their position prior to the stop. This would allow even the lowest budget teams the chance to adjust their cars on a level field with the super teams.

8. Remove The Last Two Cars.

After every mandatory pit stop, remove the last two cars. This would ensure that nobody got to cruise while waiting for the cars in front of them to break/crash.

9. Forget The Pay Window.

Give every car except for the winner that finishes the race on the lead lap the same amount of money, and pay nothing to any car that does not finish lead lap.

10. Run What Ya Brung.

Except as noted about lower gears, bias-ply tires, and no spoiler, as long as a car passes a safety inspection allow it to race. One of the things that plagues NASCAR racing is the homogeneousness of the cars. Let's get back to what auto racing is really all about, and allow folks to actually be innovative when it comes to building fast cars.

Well, if that didn't make ya laugh or at least ponder what you would do, at the very least it has eased the boredom of my day