Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Aussie Simon Evans impressive in Peugeot S2000 test

Hi guys,

Our Aussie Champ tested the Peugeot S2000 last week and hopes to get an IRC drive in 2010.

http://www.rallysportmag.com.au/home...=4345&Itemid=2

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Good news, hopefully he finds necessary budget. I can see that it was the car Stephane Sarrazin used previously.

PS Just small mistake in the article. Safari is not participating in the IRC in 2010 http://www.ircseries.com/html/upload...0Announced.pdf
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Who is the "new French Peugeot team" and do they intend to run somebody else in IRC 2010 if Evans does not find the budget?

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    Great news to see some out-of-Europe interest !

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Think the car is the old 06 ex Peugeot Sport car, now sold to Team 2c Combronde Comp.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think the Evans family will be surprised by the price of running a 207S2000 in the IRC.
    I hope they do find the budget.
    Passion will make you crazy, but is there a other way to live ? :burnout:

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    usually testing is done to acumulate data to help setup the car and get experience rather than impress people...but everyone needs some publicity tricks in his career i guess

Its nice for the IRC to get someone following it outside of europe..it gives prestige and also some meaning to the word intercontinental.

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Who is the "new French Peugeot team" and do they intend to run somebody else in IRC 2010 if Evans does not find the budget?
    I assume this is the team that will run Sarrazin on Monte Carlo. Perhaps a whole season for Sarrazin?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    usually testing is done to acumulate data to help setup the car and get experience rather than impress people...but everyone needs some publicity tricks in his career i guess

Its nice for the IRC to get someone following it outside of europe..it gives prestige and also some meaning to the word intercontinental.

i understand what you mean, but in this instance, the team contacted evans (from France to Aus) and asked if he would come to France for a test drive.
    Like most situations these days, he needs to bring a budget... so he now joins the queue of drivers looking for $$$.

Simon has only ever contested one tarmac rally in Aus, in a S2000 corolla... but he has been doing more tarmac races in the last 12 months, so a jump to more tarmac events would be a big one, but he is electric on gravel.

I hope he finds the budget, as i assure you he is well worth a watch on gravel when in full flight !.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Simon has done at least 3 Tarmac Rally's in the last couple of years. Rally Tasmania twice in an S2000 Corolla (Auris) with full racing slicks etc. and Targa Tasmania once in a TRD Aurion on road legal tyres as per the regulations. He has also done a few circuit races in the Aussie Car class over here & I think he has done the Bathurst 12 Hour but don't quote me on that one. He is a driver who is exciting to watch as he is "on it" all of the time. I hope he does get the funds together as although there is a bit of interest in the IRC down here it could do with a little more exposure, also it gives us a reason to push to have a round of the IRC down here.