Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the one year I sat in the paddock was 06 f1 race and montoya took out one third of the field on the first turn. Come too think of it that was when mcclaren fianally got tired of him wrecking their cars(he started it by running into his teammate) and fired him.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    nascar isn't bringing that much money into indy with the crowds they have been pulling the last couple of years. Indy has been their for 100 years, they were their before nascar was popular and will be their long after it has returned to being just a hillbilly sport.(which it is quickly approaching and all the managed finishes and phony rule changes can't stop it.)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavePI2
    nascar isn't bringing that much money into indy with the crowds they have been pulling the last couple of years. Indy has been their for 100 years, they were their before nascar was popular and will be their long after it has returned to being just a hillbilly sport.(which it is quickly approaching and all the managed finishes and phony rule changes can't stop it.)
    Yeah, and then this whole internet fad will be over too!
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Do you think that hilbillies know the proper use of "their", "there" and "they're"?
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    The seats in the turns were full. The bare spots were only in the north and south chutes.

Only suckers sit in the straights at Indy anyway. You can see half the track sitting in the turns; you can only see what is directly in front of you in the straights.

IMHO, The middle of turn 3 in the Northeast vista is the place to sit. You see coming off two, the entire backstretch all the way through 3 and most of hte way through 4. The grandstands block too much at the south end of the track. H grandstand was the place to sit for the road course events.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    IMHO, The middle of turn 3 in the Northeast vista is the place to sit. You see coming off two, the entire backstretch all the way through 3 and most of hte way through 4. The grandstands block too much at the south end of the track. H grandstand was the place to sit for the road course events.
    Middle of turn 3 is exactly where I sit for the BY400. Have since about the second year. And let me tell you, it was EMPTY this year. Well that is until the race started and everyone spread out, that made it look a bit more "full".
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'd rather sit at the enterance of turn 1. The posts can get in the way, but at least it comes with a view of the pits.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    the one year I sat in the paddock was 06 f1 race and montoya took out one third of the field on the first turn. Come too think of it that was when mcclaren fianally got tired of him wrecking their cars(he started it by running into his teammate) and fired him.
    If Montoya was "fired", then why did Daimler-Benz have to broker a deal with McLaren-Mercedes for him to drive for Ganassi? I don't think McLaren was going to renew his contract for the next year. But I also don't think that he wanted to drive for McLaren the next year anyway.

As for how much money the BY400 brings into IMS, I guess if the $10-$13 million in profits that the BY400 brings to IMS isn't "that much money", then the $22 million that the IRL loses annually isn't "that much money" either. So instead of the cost cuts that we've seen, why isn't IMS ramping up spending and promotion of the IRL? And if IMS loses the BY400 as a revenue source, do you think it'll spend more, less or the same on the IRL? That's the question, IMO.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by penske15
    i hope they do leave. having those 3400 pound dumpsters trudging around indy is embarassing. the people have spoken. AT LEAST HALF of them didn't come to the race when near 400,000 showed up to brave record heat for indy.
    You know, you should hire yourself out to a marketing firm. Why spend lots of money on marketing survey's when you have all the answers!

It is really simple. The 400 isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and I think the real reason NASCAR isn't drawing as well is too many NASCAR races in the Midwest where the economy is the weakest.....Chicago, 2 Michigans, your NW trips to Iowa and Kentucky....it is just maybe too much....THAT, and knowing the mentality of people, once they know they can walk up on race day and get tickets, they don't pre order...and when they don't pre order, they often say the hell with it if they figure it will be too hot.....

of course..that is just MY theory..and I admit it as much.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    More stories surfacing about a July NASCAR race at KY Speedway.

http://sports.myway.com/news/08052010/v2049.html

Seems bizarre to hold two races within 130 miles of each other in July.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.