Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Ant West

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subaru WRX
    for a Moto GP hardcore fan, is the 250cc more important than the World Superbike ??
    You bet it is.. MotoGP world champions come from the 250cc's before WSBK.. Thats why for me, its a breeding ground..

Peace.
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    as I thought

for me WSBK is by far more important than the 250cc !

I wonder if the Dorna organise an event with only 125cc and 250cc and we will see how much crowd will come
    Subaru World Rally champion...in 2008 :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    as I thought

for me WSBK is by far more important than the 250cc !

I wonder if the Dorna organise an event with only 125cc and 250cc and we will see how much crowd will come
    One reason why the Spanish TVE have to pay 3 times more to get the deal for the MotoGP coverage to 2011 was becouse 125 and 250 has become so popular. In bouth classes they get Spanish world champions. I wouldnt be surpised if there is more viewer to the smaller GP classes then WSBK in a lot of other countrys to.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    are you serious here ??!! 125 and 250 more popular !!!! in Spain true because Dorna is Spanish but around the world

have you ever watch an SBK round on TV ?? at Monza, Brands Hatch even Assen and Imola with a huge crowd !
    Subaru World Rally champion...in 2008 :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    are you serious here ??!! 125 and 250 more popular !!!! in Spain true because Dorna is Spanish but around the world

have you ever watch an SBK round on TV ?? at Monza, Brands Hatch even Assen and Imola with a huge crowd !

Yes. But not so many because i dont usually have the time to watch on the tv on the weekends in the summer. But I have been at races in both WSBK and MotoGP. Also did a race at one MotoGP in a support class, also involved to bye bikes from WSS (Yamaha and Honda) and from GP (Honda and aprilia) and I know some riders and mecanics in both series. So yes I think i got an idea of the racing i both world championships.

Monza have 90k, Brands 105k, Assen 80k and Imola 75k crowd. So yes they have big spectators. This is big contrys for the WSBK. Thats good.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hmmm, a little off subject aren't we

for a Moto GP hardcore fan, is the 250cc more important than the World Superbike ??
    For me it is WSB. 250's are great but it is the tiddler class. Superbikes are every bit as exciting as the 250's but are more spectacular and they are more relevant in my opinion (the bikes that is). It is great seeing bikes you see on the road racing around the track.

Quote Originally Posted by tha_jackal
    You bet it is.. MotoGP world champions come from the 250cc's before WSBK.. Thats why for me, its a breeding ground..

Peace.
    Like Nicky Hayden (AMA not WSB, I know but superbikes none-the-less).
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    Hmmm, a little off subject aren't we
    Very off topic, this threads about Ant! Come on people!

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    Like Nicky Hayden (AMA not WSB, I know but superbikes none-the-less).
    Yes, but, im saying generally, 250cc riders are going to be future champions more often than WSBK or SBK riders. Especially now with the move to 800cc. The 800cc being even more like a 250cc. Just ask Loris, Marco, Toni and Valentino. Theyve all said its like a big 250.. : Thats where i get my method.

Back on topic, Ant's deal and sponsorship is all agreed on and will be finalised once he leaves Australia (on holiday break at the moment) and heads back over to Europe to sign the contracts and paper work. Lets just say Ant will be alot closer to the pointy end in 07.

Peace.
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tha_jackal
    Yes, but, im saying generally, 250cc riders are going to be future champions more often than WSBK or SBK riders. Especially now with the move to 800cc. The 800cc being even more like a 250cc. Just ask Loris, Marco, Toni and Valentino. Theyve all said its like a big 250.. : Thats where i get my method.
    Fair enough. I think it will go in fits and starts according to talent pools. At the moment, 250's are the flavour of the month but in a few years Superbikes (World or national) could easily provide a fleet of fast young riders to dominate at the top level, much in the way that U.S. and Australian riders ruled 500cc during the mid to late 80's and the 90's from non-GP backgrounds.

Back on topic, Ant's deal and sponsorship is all agreed on and will be finalised once he leaves Australia (on holiday break at the moment) and heads back over to Europe to sign the contracts and paper work. Lets just say Ant will be alot closer to the pointy end in 07.

Peace.
    I really hope his equipment turns out to be as good as you're saying Jake. I've heard plenty of 'competitive' rides for people in the past only to find out that they really didn't have the budget for it and to go fast it compromised reliability. Hopefully 2007 sees Ant either competitive and move forward or move sideways to a WSS/WSB seat in 08.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dare I ask - which team is he (rumoured) to be with?

Although it's a good sign that Motogp.com is mentioning him directly...
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patnicholls
    Dare I ask - which team is he (rumoured) to be with?

Although it's a good sign that Motogp.com is mentioning him directly...
    Dare you ask? Why are you afraid of asking? We're not gonna bite your head off ...

I have no idea which team he is to be with, but judging by the provisional 250cc entry list it will be with Aprilia Germany, as they are the only team with TBC as their rider name.. Thats my guess anyway, the Chermans seem to like Ant for some reason... :

And yes, motogp.com mentioning him sort of makes you think he has some support heading his way from old dorna.. Ultimately, we just have to wait and see, probably until about Jan/Feb, like this year..