Page 12 of 95 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Ant West

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    To be perfectly honest, I would rather Ant carry out his obligation and finish with his 250 team (unless it's their decision to cut him loose). Let Kev Curtain (hopefully he can get healthy) finish his international career with Yamaha like he deserves, no-one is going to beat Kenan to the title anyway. Kawasaki WSS would be another good destination for Ant in 08.
    I read a quote from Kev last w.e that said his 07 was pretty much done and dusted for him so i dont think he'll be back this year. Ant said hes happy racing every weekend, so maybe he'll continue to juggle both rides with Steve Martin getting the WSS ride on the clashing weekends? Im also pretty sure Kev has plans to race again in 08
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am happy for Ant to race both series, just wouldn't want him to abandon his 250 team beacuse it's less competitive. Would be good to see Marto have a few races on competitive machinery too.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tha_jackal
    Im also pretty sure Kev has plans to race again in 08
    Wonder if he will source a competative ride?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    I am happy for Ant to race both series, just wouldn't want him to abandon his 250 team beacuse it's less competitive. Would be good to see Marto have a few races on competitive machinery too.
    Pitty?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, you beat me to it, Andrew Pitt. You think Ten Kate are going to pick Ant West over Andrew Pitt? Can't see it my self. A lot of teams now are running guys in the Superstock class and are looking at introducing these guys into their teams.
    How about AMA? I'm sure he could find a lot more new stuff to moan about over there?

"I think you all (minus kiwigav) make legitimate and positive points."

So mine are legitimate negative points, then?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    To walk into WSS and podium in his first 2 races, I think West is a very good chance of a good WSS ride. Pitt would be in box seat for Ten Kate WSS but I would reckon more likely WSB.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A Dutch racing website is reporting that Ant West will ride his last race for the Team Sicilia 250 team at Barcelona, and will be joining the factory Yamaha World Supersport team for the rest of the WSS team.

Story here:

http://www.racesport.nl/nieuwsbericht.php?id=12835

(pinched from another forum.)

Its not the worst news even if it is true, means we wont have to deal with anymore complaining and we get to see Ant on the podium and running up the front.. Good luck to the bloke either way..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Westy to test Kwaka GP bike!

Somebody is watching. Hope he rings its neck

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...torykawasaki-/

Fantastic opportunity, maybe he'll fill in for the injured Jacque if he cant ride at Donny.. Either way, Hopper and West @ Kawasaki in 08, dream team!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good on him, remember your manners, Westy!
    And I see Andrew Pitt is testing the Yamaha M1 too!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I read that too Gav. Great opportunity for Pitty on top machinery. That guy needs a change of luck. Has been shafted by too many teams.

Hopefully West can really impress on the Kwak. I'm pretty sure he got offered to be their test rider a few years back but turned it down to continue racing. Given Jacques elevation this year, perhaps that was an opportunity missed?
    Get off my lawn