Page 42 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Ant West

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JETFX...
    OK but if you dont want to use any logic then please explain how Ant could do that riding a turd? So give Westy a proven race winner then. Put Webber in a silver car and watch him hose Hamilton, he proved that point in Malaysia. Give Ant the same chance on a factory Honda or Yamaha
    Not getting flogged by your teammate would be a start. West was just woeful in Qatar.

By your logic you could put the worst rider on the grid in the best bike and suddenly they're the best rider on the grid. THAT would be using no logic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored-

If you put West on any of the factory bikes other than the green turd he would only do better! as would Hoppa, now thats using simple enough logic it would seem.....but maybe not???

I noticed no one is saying how fantastic the Kawasaki is ONLY how bad West is?

So lets here some insightful thoughts then on why Hoppa is doing so badly also if thats possible.....
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Westy will be fine, give it time.. All the nay-sayers can fark off to be honest..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No argument from me... That seems to be quite one sided obviously!
    Sorry putting words into my mouth is not going to cut it either ie- "to say that's why West came last"
    My comments are observations and the fact is both Ant and Hoppa have backed off compared to their efforts on the 07 Kwaka, the reason being the 'bike' and you say Ant is no good... too funny????

Sorry....Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
    Umm, who is putting words in someone elses mouth? I never said Ant is no good but his performance was not up to scratch.
    And facts haven't been ignored but my heads not in the sand that sometimes he (like most) is capable of a crap weekend. He was comfortably beaten by his teammate on the same bike and tires. Bridgestone obviously struggled in the cold of night hence poor overall finishes but the first thing a rider strives for is to beat their teammate and he was nowhere near it. Hopefully a return to more average conditions will see a return to form from Ant and he can produce a result at Jerez that his fans (like me) know he can achieve.

Nice to see ya round Jake. Was wondering where you'd been but if you were gonna show up anywhere...
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    Umm, who is putting words in someone elses mouth? I never said Ant is no good but his performance was not up to scratch.

Er you are actually!.... you can spin it all you like, denial wont change that. If you wanted to communitcate otherwise you would be expressing the "FACT" that Kawasaki are under performing as a 'team' instead of focussing on just one of thier riders performance and blaming him for the under performing bike!
    #1 #7 #13

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not quite sure what the argument is here.

The Kawasaki is slightly the weakest combo out there, but not by much. Everyone's agreed on that.

Westy did underperform in Qatar compared to a pretty injured John Hopkins - a few checks of motogp.com's results charts reveal that.

Quali:
    Hopkins P10 +1.336 from pole
    West P18 +3.518

Warm-up:
    Hopkins P4 +0.312 from fastest
    West P17 +2.065

Race fastest laps:
    Hopkins 9th best +1.338 from fastest
    West 18th +2.886

We've had round 1 of 18. There's plenty of time for things to change, especially since Losail's an odd circuit.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Exactly.....

One race run and some of these wannabe armchair 'experts' seem to blame Ant for all thats wrong, not the Kawasaki at all???.... "worst rider" nonsense etc.
    All I say is if you are riding the "worst bike" what else would you expect other than bad results. Why not support these blatant facts? Why argue over the obvious? funny some of these negative types without any factual supportive answers to back up their response's.

He actually can ride you know

Funny how when Val is under performing its all the bikes/tyres etc fault according to the yellow throng.

After all Ants still closer to his team mate on the worst bike out there than any of the "other" Ducati riders are to Casey on the 'best' bikes..... dah
    #1 #7 #13

After all Ants still closer to his team mate on the worst bike out there than any of the "other" Ducati riders are to Casey on the 'best' bikes..... dah
    To get into a better team when you start off you need to be beating your teammate

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "Fix" the bike and maybe the motivation will be there..... and again why blame the rider the bikes a turd, why should he risk injury like Hoppa's or worse
    #1 #7 #13

"Fix" the bike and maybe the motivation will be there..... and again why blame the rider the bikes a turd, why should he risk injury like Hoppa's or worse
    The riders job is to give constructive feedback to the engineers, develop the bike, and go as fast as they can even if it is a piece of ****! That is the mark of a professional athlete. And no team wants a rider that doesn't give it 100%. Which is why few teams would be interested in West after Qatar and events like Malaysia, where he false started and then lost motivation.