Page 91 of 95 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast

Thread: Ant West

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    JEREZ RACE

I woke up this morning to find out that the weather turned out to be cold and wet, which made me a little more confident for the race because I knew , despite the bad qualifying of yesterday, I could do better.

I finished the warm up 3rd and we were ready to face a wet race in the afternoon.

Starting 30th in the grid for sure doesn't help a rider's confidence but I started the race with a great feeling after the warm up.

After just few laps I made up many positions and I was already 23rd a few minutes after the start.

Every lap I got better and better, finally reaching the 7th position with very fast lap times: I was ready to catch the rider in front of me.

Unfortunately my helmet started getting foggy because of a mistake with the front fender, which wasn't stopping the water coming up on to the exhaust headers, causing a lot of steam

that came straight to my helmet.

Soon after I wasn't able to see properly anymore, I couldn't find the braking points or see the track at all, risking to crash and I was unable to make the same lap times that I was doing before.

Consequentially I started loosing positions, until the race finished and I managed to hold on to the 11th place.

For sure still better then 30th were I started, but I am definitely not happy.
    From Pantah to Desmosedici RR
    http://www.docwa.com.au

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    MZ have a further update for West next round at Estoril.

Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

MuZ

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    MZ have a further update for West next round at Estoril.

Gotta love a bloke with a sense of humour. At least that bloody thing went like a shower o' s*#$

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Footnote: They will have to change the number back to # 13 hehe

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Moto2: MZ-Pilot West now drives FTR chassis!

By Günther Wiesinger 11.05.11-11:12
    The Moto2 factory team MZ continued probelms with the hotel's steel chassis. Therefore, Anthony West also runs at the French GP on FTR.

After the disappointing results at the Spanish championship race in the motor city now also increases the Australian MZ factory rider Anthony West (29) about a British FTR chassis. That's motorsport weekly SPEED WEEK reports in its latest issue.

The MZ-driver Arne death and Bernd Hiemer had landed in Aragon to the steel chassis of MZ Chatteringproblemen because only in the stands 17 and 24. Then decided Wimmer MZ-chief to send his troops to England in order to ship from there FTR chassis for West to the Le Mans GP.

Max Neukirchner who wants to go absolutely despite his broken finger suffered in Estoril in Le Mans, had exchanged his MZ-chassis in March against a FTR bike. Past Highlight: 10th place in Jerez.

"The steel chassis is Moto2 World Cup currently not operational," admitted Martin Wimmer. "We must continue to work. Therefore, we have the team for the Spanish Championship, to be able to test and develop. "
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It will be interesting to see how he goes at Le Mans after a bit of time on the bike, In FP2 he and Neukirchner were approx 2 seconds down on the best time . Fingers and a couple of other things crossed.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Seems the bike is still slow at Catalunya for Ant!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    would help if dunlop put his tyres on the right way :P

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tha_jackal
    would help if dunlop put his tyres on the right way :P
    Anthony West (13): Premature rear tire wear put an end to all efforts

Anthony West's race was ruined by a tire problem. Even after a few rounds had Hinterradpneu the Australian no more grip, his lap times rose dramatically, he had no chance. "When we look at the tires after the race, we knew immediately what went wrong: It is an asymmetrical tires with different rubber compounds on the right and the left side of the tread," said Crew Chief Anthony Dwight, "Dunlop had reversed his mounted around. "

Anthony West - 22 Place
    "The race was extremely bad, I served for some time even last. Later we found out that the Dunlop rear tire has been mounted the wrong way. In Barcelona we have a special tire, on the one hand, the soft rubber, harder on the other. Because the assembly was suspended by mistake, of course, the softer side the stresses of the harder rubber was designed, built the tires in the race very quickly. I had virtually no grip and was not remotely on the lap times from the training. A stupid mistake, but he has cost me the race. "