Thread: Ant West

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    nice to see MZ still running as such a professional and tight unit:

Ant West
    Not a good start!
    Packed to go to Italy
    Said goodbye to my family
    Got to the airport to find..
    MZ booked my gf's ticket but forgot to book my ticket.
    So I'm still in Oz
    And going Sunday. :-/

wow.
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up for new MZ!

1st day on the bike was in the right direction, apart from only getting 3 hours on the bike because we only have one to share between me and Max.

We'll hopefully have another bike for the next test. The new team members are great and also the new truck box and tools make MZ feel like a real factory team, making it all a much better feeling to start the year on!
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

'patriot'

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Glad to hear it's all more positive on the inside coz the first testing times aren't all that encouraging. Early days.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thats the most positive Ants been in a long time. Lets hope it all falls into place this year for him....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The good news at MZ - they are getting FTR frames to replace their own in house ones. The bad new for Ant is that they are only for Max, West has to persist with the MZ ones. Apparently once (if) the MZ one starts to perform as well as the FTR frame then Max has to swap back.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    it's disgusting isn't it? MZ really are a farce..

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    We always new this - least Ant is still on the grid!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The positive view of this would be that MZ knows that the FTR is a better chassis than their own and want to incorporate its features into the re-design of their own chassis. However, if they find there is bugger-all difference in the performance of the bike then they will know that the lack of performance lies elsewhere.

The end result will hopefully be more competitive bikes for the entire team including Westicles.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tha_jackal
    it's disgusting isn't it? MZ really are a farce..
    In fairness to MZ, it sounds like their hand has been forced by Neukirchner and the money he brings to the table. The difference between MZ and the rest of the paddock is that MZ wish to be a manufacturer again and thus want to develop their own bikes for production. They can't do this with credibility if they use someone elses frame. Of course they will have no cred if they finish last every race too...

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Richardson
    The positive view of this would be that MZ knows that the FTR is a better chassis than their own and want to incorporate its features into the re-design of their own chassis. However, if they find there is bugger-all difference in the performance of the bike then they will know that the lack of performance lies elsewhere.

The end result will hopefully be more competitive bikes for the entire team including Westicles.
    I like the thought but am not sure how it will work given the frames are completely different. MZ are trying to go with their traditional steel trellis frame where I believe FTR's is a more common aluminium twin-spar design. Kinda like Ducati getting a Yamaha frame to fix their carbon design. Hopefully MZ get it right. I'd like to see them competitive in their own right and trellis frames can be built to be competitive, seems to work for Ducati's 1098!
    Get off my lawn