Page 19 of 95 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Ant West

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Westy already giving Rossi the hurry-up!

On OJ, I remember his reputation in 250 as a hard charger who had a tendency to ride past the limit. Which is probably why I found it so ammusing in '98 (I think) when he accused Bayliss of riding too hard when Troy had a wildcard ride on an uncompetitive Suzuki 250 at the Island.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

On OJ, I remember his reputation in 250 as a hard charger who had a tendency to ride past the limit. Which is probably why I found it so ammusing in '98 (I think) when he accused Bayliss of riding too hard when Troy had a wildcard ride on an uncompetitive Suzuki 250 at the Island.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster

God i love the leather and helmet design that Ant has going!!!!!!!!!!! Wicked

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osg
    God i love the leather and helmet design that Ant has going!!!!!!!!!!! Wicked
    Yer i agree, looking good with the aussie green and gold on his lid..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I gotta say I am just a bit disappointed in Ant's performance first time out. I know its only his second time on the bike and blah blah blah but I did expect just a tad more.

Hope he can find some consistent pace for the race and stay upright.

I guess I need to re-evaluate my expectations........

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach24
    I gotta say I am just a bit disappointed in Ant's performance first time out. I know its only his second time on the bike and blah blah blah but I did expect just a tad more.

Hope he can find some consistent pace for the race and stay upright.

I guess I need to re-evaluate my expectations........
    bit harsh Mach.......... first time ever on quali tyres, intermittent weather etc etc.

Lets see how he goes with race pace.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am sure Ant's expectations are even greater than mine.

He may well be right on the money in race trim but struggling in quali.

Time will tell and Ant has a few races up his sleeve. However if he wants this ride in 08' he can not warm up for too long. Something tells me Capirossi, Melandri and Co are now very keen to be on the Green machine.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For sure its a tad dissapointing to be down the lower end of the sheets but realistically this has been the WORST possible weekend for Ant. Rain on day one then complete dry for day two. That would mean he had to learn the track in the dry on the new bike (second time riding in the dry) and re-do the entire setup. Honestly, its about what i expected..

I think this sums it up pretty well though:-

West Crew Chief

“Yesterday we found a good wet set up but today we had to start again in the dry and it’s very difficult to jump on a bike for the first time and then experience such differing conditions. Anthony did very well indeed: it’s the first time he’s used a qualifying tyre and that isn’t easy. Our target is for him to finish the race and he was very consistent on race tyres. We will keep taking it step by step and I think he’s going to improve quickly. We just need a little time.”

He'll only get better and he always races better than he qualifies... Gooo Ant..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I watched the Qualifying live on Motogp.com, and Mark Bracks interviewed Westy's team manager. Bracks asked his manager what he expects from Ant, and he said " Just to go out and enjoy riding the bike." I think that sums it up. His team is putting no pressure on him, I think, as they know Ant is already motivated enough to want to do well. I think they know what he can do, but it will take a few races to get up to speed. Go Westy
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxu05
    I watched the Qualifying live on Motogp.com, and Mark Bracks interviewed Westy's team manager. Bracks asked his manager what he expects from Ant, and he said " Just to go out and enjoy riding the bike." I think that sums it up. His team is putting no pressure on him, I think, as they know Ant is already motivated enough to want to do well. I think they know what he can do, but it will take a few races to get up to speed. Go Westy
    "Wee-a want eem to gain a-pleasuure from rideeng this-a machine."
    - Direct quote from Michael Bartholemly ( spelling? )