Page 76 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Ant West

[quote=fatman;554532]That article in Soup isn't very flattering for Ant. He sounds like a big whiner to me. Regardless if the team did or didn't listen to him and regardless if he was right or wrong with his assessment of the bike. He just sounds like he's full of sour grapes.

I don't think this type of attitude helps Ants career at all.[/quote]

Sour grapes?????.....Bull S..t!!!
    This was obviously a transcript from a recorded interview. West was being asked specific questions and gave straight-forward responses.

Would you honestly expect him not to mention that his suggested remedies were ignored and not acted on.....not by the team, but by Kawasaki... and that they subsequently conceded that he was right??????

Bloody hell......The first thing the team requires of a rider is feedback in order to improve the performance of the bike at a particular circuit and it appears that you are implying that if either the team or the manufacturer don't act on a rider's feedback and the rider later comments about being peed off by that feedback not being acted on, the rider is whining or whinging.

I doubt that any reasonable person would have expected West to provide responses to questions that did not accurately reflect his version of what took place and his opinions on the topic.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anyone riding a Kawasaki this year, as for the past few years, has had a rough time of it whichever way you look at it (covered elsewhere but only the performances of Ayrton Badovini in WSB and the odd bit from Sheridan Morais in Superstock 1000 have been worthy of praise). I read a piece on a French website the other day about former Supersport race winner Yoann Tiberio (he won at Monza in 2006 for what's now the Althea Honda team) who quit his ride on a Kawasaki in Superstock because he 'couldn't see the point in riding around for 35th'.

Ant's 2009 will really be a yardstick of where he is on the world stage. A decent Honda with the team that finished third this time and is expanding means no excuses - I'd imagine top 6 in the championship would be the expectation.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatman
    That article in Soup isn't very flattering for Ant. He sounds like a big whiner to me. Regardless if the team did or didn't listen to him and regardless if he was right or wrong with his assessment of the bike. He just sounds like he's full of sour grapes.

I don't think this type of attitude helps Ants career at all.
    Bloody Hell..... It was full of positives and facts. He thanked Kwaka and said he would have happily ridden for them again.
    Where is the wining sour grapes etc ?

Mate they have just sacked yet he continues to say nice things about them and especially his team. The problem is the factory..... wasn't that what he was saying..?

Fair go Fatman
    From Pantah to Desmosedici RR
    http://www.docwa.com.au

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i always love aussies because they tell it like it is.
    mmmmm, makes a nice sandwich. a nice sandwich.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But some times it can get you in trouble..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    World Superbikes » WSS: 'At home' West continues transition.
    Wednesday, 21st January 2009

Stiggy Racing's Anthony West and Gianluca Vizziello get more miles under thier belt in testing at Almeria.

Stiggy Racing's new World Supersport pairing Anthony West and Gianluca Vizziello have begun their 2009 preparations with their first pre-season test at Almeria.

Many eyes are on West, who makes a substantial step from the Kawasaki MotoGP team to Johan Stigefelt's Supersport outfit in 2009, although the test was also a chance for Vizziello to familiarise himself with his surroundings.

Battling chilly conditions around the Spanish circuit, West was nonetheless pleased with the progress made over the two days, reporting that he is feeling increasingly ‘at home' with the Honda bike.

“I'm pleased because I have been able to put down many laps over these two days and I got more and more comfortable with the track and the bike. Today was a bit colder then yesterday, which made it a bit more difficult, but I still had a good day finding myself more "at home" on the bike. I'm looking forward to next weekend and doing more testing.”

Vizziello, who raced for Berry Racing and Benjan Honda in 2008, was also satisfied with his efforts, despite spending some of the time learning the track.

“It has been a good test for us. I have never ridden here at Almeria before so, on the first day, I kind of focused on learning the track as well as my riding position. Once I got comfortable, we tried some new bike settings and adjustments. Now I'm definitely more ready and comfortable for Portimao next weekend and the first official test!”

With Siggy Honda providing close competition to the factory Ten Kate team in 2008, Stigefelt is hopeful the combination of West and Vizziello will keep them at the forefront of the title fight.

“We completed a two day test with both riders and I have to say it is looking very promising. Both the riders and the team have put in a big effort and have been working really hard these past days.

“Anthony managed to get more confident on the second day, which was very important for everyone, and he really proved his determination . Gianluca worked hard and managed to put down many laps and so now we can only improve and that's our aim for the Portimao test next weekend.”
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Jackal Never Sleeps

Jake dont you ever sleep

Have ya seen any pics of the new livery?

I am well pleased he has kept #13 as superstition is for pussies and apparently #13 is favoured by southern Italians

Received an email from a Legal firm in QLD yesterday .... Ant has parted ways with his manager. Good riddance I say !!!!
    From Pantah to Desmosedici RR
    http://www.docwa.com.au

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantah Jack
    Jake dont you ever sleep

Have ya seen any pics of the new livery?

I am well pleased he has kept #13 as superstition is for pussies and apparently #13 is favoured by southern Italians

Received an email from a Legal firm in QLD yesterday .... Ant has parted ways with his manager. Good riddance I say !!!!
    Hah, sleep is for the weak

No pics of the livery yet, the Stiggy website is currently under construction..

I assume some pics will emerge following the 'official' test in Portimao, starting tommorow..

Hopefully 13 will bring Ant some luck this year, not that he'll need it

So Barnett is gone? I wonder who is going to look after Ant now, he has made some bad decisions on his own in the past.. Mebbe he's wiser with age?

Barnett got him the Kwak gig and Yam WSS ride, so he wasn't toooo shabby... Confused..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A friend was at Portimao for the testing and took these pictures of Ant...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    cool thanks for sharing!

looks like stiggy are going without a title sponsor this year

hanspree must have jumped off board.. shame.. could that effect the quality of their machinery?