Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Kind of dumb for Goodyear to talk of sending Franchitti to the back 'just for show!'. On the plus side, they covered danica to the extent that any decent but unspectacular 6th place finish deserves.

Yeah, someone show these guys hours of Murray Walker commentary. Perhaps they'd get it then.
    Formula Platypus 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As far as I'm concerned the last decent on air team was for ChampCar and it was the Speed team the last year they had them on the air. ABC has NEVER been good they don't push the envelope at all and are instead content with talking heads.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifter
    Kind of dumb for Goodyear to talk of sending Franchitti to the back 'just for show!'. On the plus side, they covered danica to the extent that any decent but unspectacular 6th place finish deserves.

Yeah, someone show these guys hours of Murray Walker commentary. Perhaps they'd get it then.

they really didnt expand on it much afterward...

what they did say was that franchitti changed an engine and that the rule reads he starts from the back....

but that TCGR protested that the engine wasnt up to snuff, that they will take it back to the shop and put it on the dyno....if it was underpowered than TCGR wins its protest and the starting and finishing positions stand.....but if it was up to snuff a future penalty will levied and a event to follow....

*anyone?...I couldnt find any info on this besides the minute or so the expanded on it on the broadcast...... is that what I heard? you Heard? they said?
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I ignored any audio coming out of my TV yesterday, except for ambient stuff like engines, brakes, squealing tires and carbon fiber making impact.

Marty doesn't know what's going on past his notes furnished by the 4 letter network.

Goodbeer is OTL, period. I think he's hanging out with Jamarcus Russell, sippin' the Purple Drank.

I wish they had a mic on Jeemy yesterday. Could you imagine how many expletives flew out of his pie hole yesterday?
    Chrome Horn Racing
    Will Power, 2011 Champion!!!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I am amazed the job ABC does and calls themselves a professional network. My volunteer gig with the local cable station has better talent than what I saw yesterday, and they don't know squat about racing.

There was so much missed, it was frustrating....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    ABC was the first network to broadcast racing back in the Wide World of Sports early days. They did a terrible job then and have maintained that low standard ever since.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Maybe if we are patient, the Comcast/NBC deal will close and they can talk their way onto NBC airwaves out of the versus deal.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anyone have a WAG as to how much Scott Goodyear gets paid for his 5 abc races? And by whom?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan
    Anyone have a WAG as to how much Scott Goodyear gets paid for his 5 abc races? And by whom?

You don't want to know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    You don't want to know.
    uh..ya I do... thats why I asked..