Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ABC's boradcasts are PATHETIC

O.K, im 47, a die hard indy fan, grew up in Indiana, bleed sugar can ethanol......

But after todays pathetic ABC broadcast, I'm starting to lose interest. Marty Reid and Scott Goodyear are a detriment to this sport.

The good news is this was their last broadcast of the year.

IF Indycar ever wants to attract new viewership, they need some exitement in the booth. These two couldn't ....well enough.

INDYCAR, your doing a lot with the league, now do something about the telecast.

Its been written up all week long, and today was just another porly written chapter.
    i KNOW WHAT i like and i like what I know

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    freudian slip? BOREDCAST
    i KNOW WHAT i like and i like what I know

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Reid proves again that he's incompetent of calling a mistake free race. Goodyear is a bore and the pit reporters are a joke. And to make it worse ESPN gets the rest of the NASCAR season too!
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disko
    freudian slip? BOREDCAST
    "Boredcast" is very accurate! ABC/ESPN does a good job with NHRA (IMO), so I wish that they could do the same with the IRL races. I think that Fox does a great job with the NASCAR Sprint Cup races. And I think that Speed(Fox) does a fantastic job with F1. And like I said, ESPN2 does a good job with NHRA. While Versus is definitely better than ABC/ESPN, I still don't see it as anything special (mainly because of A-root's presence). A person would already have to be a fan to watch any of the IRL's broadcasts, IMO.

As I said in a post a few weeks ago, when I watch an IRL race on ABC, I don't get the feeling that Reid and Goodyear actually give a damn. When Reid calls a Nationwide series race, he's a LOT more "with it" than when he calls an IRL race. And poor old Goodyear has a face made for radio and a voice made for newspapers. Why he is there, I have no earthly idea.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    They can't even get their immaterial facts correct.
    Yes Richard Petty did drive at the CNE oval years ago in his first taxi cab race.
    He did not win it. He was put into the fence by his Daddy, Lee Petty.

A complete aside. Tony Stewart ran with the Outlaws at the Kings Royal at Eldora, which owns. It pays $50,000 to win.
    He did not get past the B Main.
    However his driver the King himself, Steve Kinser did win.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i actually agree. it would have been nice for them to run through the grid before the race and to not be talking to the pit announcers while the bloke is waving the green flag. also how did will power end up running 6th by the end of the first lap (i thought he was starting in P2, but of course i'm can't be sure because ABC never told me)

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SUBARUTEAM
    i actually agree. it would have been nice for them to run through the grid before the race and to not be talking to the pit announcers while the bloke is waving the green flag.
    I missed the start. But that's the exact same thing they did at the last race I watched on ABC. They were casually talking as the flag dropped to start the race. And then when the Penske drivers swapped 2nd to 1st during a pitstop, they COMPLETELY missed that and only gave it a casual mention about 30 seconds after it happened.

When I turned on the set today, they were talking about You Know Who... and followed her around the track (I think she was in 10th or 11th) for a couple of minutes. I hope Lewis Hamilton was watching the race today and paid attention to the Danica Footcam. Maybe he can pick up some road racing pointers. The only thing I learned was that she's got little feet. Big whoop!
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    When I turned on the set today, they were talking about You Know Who... and followed her around the track (I think she was in 10th or 11th) for a couple of minutes. I hope Lewis Hamilton was watching the race today and paid attention to the Danica Footcam. Maybe he can pick up some road racing pointers. The only thing I learned was that she's got little feet. Big whoop!
    I was disappointed that she didn't have her gladiator sandals on.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The talking over the start is completely inexcusable. I mean the start of the race is holy. If that guy was beside me in the grandstand talking that crap at the start I would smack him. Unbelievable. Do they not know how close they are to starting the race. My advice, at the start SHUT UP.
    The Bro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    abc is not very good but irl as a product is garbage. You have 5 to 6 guys that know how to race and others created yellow fest for half of the race. To bad for the fans of Indycar and racing, but this is not going get better for some time. Good job Gram!
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!