Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

reversing the USGP course? take out oval turn 1?

I think that sucks. so what if the race would go in the same direction as the other Indy races?

Turn one of the oval is one of the only interesting things about that mickey mouse circuit (Schuey's words, not mine)

I think switching the direction of the track and eliminating ovel turn #1 is a dumb idea.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/35793/
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Whatever way they go they gotta keep one of the banked turns in there.

Reversing the F1 course direction to stop MotoGP guys killing themselves is a dumb idea. It's not like they're running on the same weekend.

Liked 1,094 Times in 609 Posts
    I agree - why change when the race doesn't affect anyone but the F1 guys?
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well my imagination isn't good enough to envision what f1 would look like going in the other direction at Indy, can anyone with a F1 playstation or x-box that has an f1 game that will allow you to race in the wrong direction give us idea what it would be like?

The story also suggests that the change would take place for the 08 race and beyond, does this mean indy has commited to F1 beyond 07 already?
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm trying to imagine leaving the course as is and just running it in the opposite direction, and I think that would just ruin it. Going full throttle from a sweeping turn 12 to a 90 degree turn 1 is where most of the passing is generated. To run the opposite direction would give the cars a lower top speed and that long sweeping turn wouldn't make for much passing.

Solutions: Line the outside wall with hay bails for MotoGP
    OR
    Let MotoGP have their Mickey Mouse circuit and just run the USGP on the oval. (Take that as serously as you wish)
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    I'd prefer the MotoGP ditches Indy and the F1 ditches Indy. It's quite a dog of a track, as most rovals usually are.
    SOLUTION: Send the top series to top tracks.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I mean, if they're redoing the track anyway... why not make it better?

make it something really special.

something to be proud of
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I would like to see a track design that would compliment both Motogp and F1. Motogp has always played 2nd fiddle to F1, so I think that just for once something good happens good for Motogp that might cause a compromise for F1, well, I think F1 should suck it in. I am sure they will figure out the best way to make it safe for Motogp, and make an interesting track layout for the cars.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I recall when the Indy track was 1st designed there was a mooted idea of using the back straight as well. It always sounded like a great idea to me. Use the first 4 turns of the current track and the short back straight and then loop back to what is turn three of the oval - run reverse from there all the way back to the start finish on the banking. Sweet!

On the subject of reversing tracks does anyone know if Knockhill in Scotland still has a licence to run races both directions? That place is nuts enough but in reverse????
    Success without honor is an unseasoned dish; it will satisfy your hunger, but it won't taste good

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I think the best option is to move the race to another circuit...

Indy is not a good track for F1, and if their intentions are to quit the turn 1 then that circuit would have nothing special. There are planty of tracks in the USA, so why donīt look for another one?

And itīs the same with MotoGP. Compare the Mickey Mouse Indy with Laguna Seca. Compare the "no-banking" with the Corckscrew. If theyīre to put another USA race, they should try to have a better circuit.

I know Indy means a lot to motorsport, but it isnīt the best option for Indy and for the races to use there a dull circuit, or éven worse, make the only interesting thing in that track fade away.
    Cuando el grajo vuela bajo hace un frío del carajo
    Which means:
    When the crow is flying low, itīs ****ing freezing cold