Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa

On this, I don't really see a down side for the IRL or the teams at all.
    I do.

The "Indy" Racing League's "Indy" Car Series. Based in "Indy", Cars built in "Indy" with teams out of "Indy".

It is quickly turning into a regional series and that idea of making "Indy" sexy..........Indy is a fine city but sexy it ain't.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    I do.

The "Indy" Racing League's "Indy" Car Series. Based in "Indy", Cars built in "Indy" with teams out of "Indy".

It is quickly turning into a regional series and that idea of making "Indy" sexy..........Indy is a fine city but sexy it ain't.
    So Indy means nothing to racing fans? If all the teams were in Miami, somehow a race fan would care more because the mechanics could work on their tans in January?

I don't care if they base the series teams in Minot South Dakota, the cars will be called "Indy" cars...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I do.

Who gives a damn about whether a city or a car or a driver is "sexy"?"

"Sexy" isn't why NASCAR is kicking Indy Car's ass.

And why shouldn't Indy Car Racing be based and centered in Indianapolis. Indy is the center of the motorsports world. Its the capital of AOW. Its where the vast majority of open wheel fans/drivers/workers/builders/etc... are located.

Re-grow the sport where the home of AOW is. And that's Indianapolis.

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    No, it won't. Remember the promised utopia the DP-01 was going to bring?
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty G.
    Who gives a damn about whether a city or a car or a driver is "sexy"?"

"Sexy" isn't why NASCAR is kicking Indy Car's ass.

And why shouldn't Indy Car Racing be based and centered in Indianapolis. Indy is the center of the motorsports world. Its the capital of AOW. Its where the vast majority of open wheel fans/drivers/workers/builders/etc... are located.

Re-grow the sport where the home of AOW is. And that's Indianapolis.
    I fully agree. I do not in the slightest believe that the name "Indy Car" is a negative for the series. Nor is the location of its biggest race, in Indianapolis. What is killing the series is that the casual fan turns on the channel, sees a bunch of identical-spec formula cars and sees a bunch of foreign no-name drivers and thinks they're watching a 2nd-rate formula 1 series. If the casual fan sees a variety of different looking cars and a much larger number of American drivers, suddenly U.S. tv ratings may start to inch up. ... but in the mean time, the series is racing on a fairly obscure tv-sports channel and is full of foreign ride buyers, and old spec formula cars. I do see a lot of positives happening for the series, but they have a long way to go to get back into the American public's consciousness, IF that is ever to happen again. Technological competition and the press it can provide is an important asset to the series, and one of MANY that need to be accomplished in the near future.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Q
    So Indy means nothing to racing fans? If all the teams were in Miami, somehow a race fan would care more because the mechanics could work on their tans in January?

I don't care if they base the series teams in Minot South Dakota, the cars will be called "Indy" cars...
    Minot is in NORTH Dakota, believe me, you might not care, but potential mechanics sure as hell would. Forget about it being in new oil country, minot is a miserable place 9 months a year.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

So a Canadian based race team wouldn't interest you? It wouldn't bring in Canadian fans?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I do.

I thought Indy was sexy.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12