View Poll Results: Should Michael quit ?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

68 48.23%
  • No

73 51.77%
Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio
    I find myself agreeing with you yet again (which is odd )
    I've taken some shots at Mike, but only with the knowledge that it cannot diminish what he has already achieved. I know there are a lot of F1 enthusiasts that would like to think that this season will diminish what he has already done, but it can't. Only a tabloid mentality will view it that way. Some who wanted to see him succeed, and some that do not. Check the record book then think about it. That's what people will remember about him in the long run. That is why I can have a little fun posting jibes at him. I know what his legacy will be.
    And as TF stated I think Mike is having fun being back!
    yep, good post.
    And the funny thing is, I have never been an MSC fan and was about as distant as one could be towards his team and person during his first career. i find myself surprised and confused as to why I seem to defend him and realized that with time and perspective, like him or not, the guy is the greatest F1 driver and a quick wiki read usually leaves you resistantly in awe of his staggering records. So perhaps the fact that I am old enough to have seen all his races ( except for the ones i turned off out of sheer boredom) as well as seeing someone slightly older trying to play with the young guns, leaves me just that bit more sympathetic to his cause.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Nico is still beating him, a driver who hasn´t got a win still.

MS needs to work hard.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Sound advice.
    I'm sure if any Mercedes personel are reading this, they'll be sure to pass that message on.
    easy big fellow.... she´s only nine

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    I don't think Schumi cares any more about "tarnishing" anything than did Niki Lauda who gave all his trophies away on the Monday and cared little about the race that was just won or run.

Schumi's record stands and it remains magnificent.

And the unwillingness of those who refuse to even begin to understand Schumacher is just pathetic.

It was nice to see Pedro De La Rosa jump to the German driver's defense to try and explain what those who constantly attack Schumi do not want to know.

Give it up Pedro - the Schumi detractors suffer from the condition of Schadenfreude and they never welcomed his success when he reigned supreme in the world of f1.
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Sound advice.
    I'm sure if any Mercedes personel are reading this, they'll be sure to pass that message on.
    What?! No smiley face accompanying your facetiousness as you attack Mia
    Jense - Mclaren MP4-25 :D
    MonzaOne :D

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Devote
    I don't think Schumi cares any more about "tarnishing" anything than did Niki Lauda who gave all his trophies away on the Monday and cared little about the race that was just won or run.

And the unwillingness of those who refuse to even begin to understand Schumacher is just pathetic.

It was nice to see Pedro De La Rosa jump to the German driver's defense to try and explain what those who constantly attack Schumi do not want to know.

Give it up Pedro - the Schumi detractors suffer from the condition of Schadenfreude and they never welcomed his success when he reigned supreme in the world of f1.
    Well stated old chum!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Devote

What's even funnier is how people were protecting the Baddoer last year when he was last while Kimi won the race and some of the same people now are lashing out at MS when he is beaten by 0.008 seconds by his team mate.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    "Michael Schumacher has called the ban on in-season testing "ridiculous" after Mercedes struggled in qualifying for the German Grand Prix.
    Schumacher qualified 11th, two places behind team-mate Nico Rosberg after failing to get to grips with the effect of running with a modified diffuser.
    "It is completely ridiculous to do zero [testing]," said Schumacher.
    "Some kind of testing should be implemented. I hope there is common sense and we find a solution."
    Mercedes had arrived at their home race in Hockenheim with a modification to their exhaust blown diffuser and a new rear wing.

Mercedes didn't meet expectation - Schumacher

However, Schumacher, Rosberg and team principal Ross Brawn admitted they could not make the latest upgrades work, especially as the wet running on Friday hampered evaluation.
    Both drivers blamed inconsistencies with their cars for the disappointing qualifying display at their home race, but Schumacher made it clear he believes the testing ban is severely restricting the team's chances of catching Red Bull, McLaren and Ferrari in the development race.
    "Certainly we are disappointed," stated Schumacher. "Our expectation was to be about fifth or sixth.
    "We were not close enough to this and there are reasons.
    "If you don't have aerodynamic features - like the F-duct or the exhaust blown diffuser - then you want to implement them, so you develop them at home, build them on to the car and test them on the race weekend," explained Schumacher, who was used to unlimited testing in his previous Formula 1 career.

JONATHAN LEGARD BLOG
    Schumacher's enthusiasm, commitment, knowledge and determination remain as sharp as ever but the whole racing package is not at its previous peak
    "Naturally, you have very little time and you end up in some compromises.
    "It's a tough way to fight your way through the development, but as a consequence here and there you have some issues.
    "I understand why we have ended up where we are right now, but as it was ridiculous to do 90,000 kilometres more during the year of testing it is completely ridiculous to do zero."
    Rosberg squeezed into the final qualifying session in 10th but could barely improve with ninth place.
    "The car was definitely inconsistent throughout the weekend," said the 25-year-old German, who had appeared to make a step forward after taking third last time out in Silverstone.
    "Going into qualifying my balance and my grip level on the rear changed a lot. I had a lot of oversteer and I couldn't do much about it.

Mercedes performance flummoxes Brawn

"It took me by surprise a little bit - I didn't see it coming after free practice."
    With a two-week shutdown looming in August, when teams are banned from working on the development of their cars, Brawn wants to use every opportunity to find out why the team are struggling to find extra performance from their updates.
    "We have quite a lot of new parts on the cars this weekend and it looks like there may be something there with the floor," said Brawn.
    "We will be working hard between now and [next weekend's race in] Hungary to understand the system and to make improvements.
    "We are seeing some differences in the behaviour of the car and that is aggravating the understanding of the tyres.
    "There have been little windows this weekend when the car has looked OK but when it came to qualifying a number of cars moved away from us quite strongly."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8851935.stm

It reminds me how important testing was to him. Am I correct in remembering that he used to test far more than anyone else when at Ferrari? and could this be one of the main reasons he has lost the edge he previously had now that the playing field has been levelled with his team mate?
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    It reminds me how important testing was to him. Am I correct in remembering that he used to test far more than anyone else when at Ferrari? and could this be one of the main reasons he has lost the edge he previously had now that the playing field has been levelled with his team mate?
    There are a lot of things not to Schumachers liking as far as the car regulations go, and a lot less he can do about it, thanks to the testing ban.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    "Michael Schumacher has called the ban on in-season testing "ridiculous" after Mercedes struggled in qualifying for the German Grand Prix.

Testing testing and more testing....

after all this cut costing that did away with testing, there are now mega supercomputers, with mega numbers of engineers, and windtunnels, doing all the work....if they really wanted to cut costs, they should ban all wind tunnels and supercomputers

I read somewhere that the work force at Brawn is limited to less than 400 by big boss mercedes who want the team to be a profit center and make money for the big boss.....400 sounds like a lot, but not compared to MacLaren or Ferrari
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer: