Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Local warming

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    We are planning on doing some camping this w/end just outside of Red Deer:

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/..._metric_e.html

“If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rani
    You guys got nothin' on me, 37 C and it was relatively nice today...
    Dry and 37C is so much better than humid and 25C.

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    The temperature dropped to 0 deg. C last night. Woke up this morning to confirm my fears that the persistent rain that we've been having for the last few days had turned to s*** . It's so depressing that I have difficulty in even mentioning the word. We didn't get much accumulation; just enough to cover the vehicle with a light dusting. Even in this part of the world, Sept. 17 is quite early in the year to have s***. And, I'll be darned if I swap to s*** tires thie early in the season .
    Global warming my @rse.

Hope the climactic conditions in your neck of the world are more favourable.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schmenke
    The temperature dropped to 0 deg. C last night. Woke up this morning to confirm my fears that the persistent rain that we've been having for the last few days had turned to s*** . It's so depressing that I have difficulty in even mentioning the word. We didn't get much accumulation; just enough to cover the vehicle with a light dusting. Even in this part of the world, Sept. 17 is quite early in the year to have s***. And, I'll be darned if I swap to s*** tires thie early in the season .
    Global warming my @rse.

Hope the climactic conditions in your neck of the world are more favourable.
    The entire year in Minn. has been either abnormally warm, or abnormally cold.
    Actually, kind of reminds me of normal weather in Minn. when I was a teenager.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    We had the warmest summer on record in Ontario but the last few weeks have been below normal and the last couple of days about 10C below normal.
    No frost or that dreaded white stuff yet though.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
    The entire year in Minn. has been either abnormally warm, or abnormally cold.
    Actually, kind of reminds me of normal weather in Minn. when I was a teenager.
    Same here in Southern Finland. First very cold winter and then very hot summer. I guess the yearly average have to be restored.
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    We had a very mild winter for here. Strangely enough the local ski hills had a long season. Snowmobilers got a very short one.
    Our forecast has been for an unusually mild fall but so far it has been the opposite.
    Long range forecast is for a wicked winter.
    Considering they have a hard time getting it right for 24 hours I do not have a lot of faith in any of it.
    Open window forecasting is the best. Stick your hand out and see what it is doing.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    They say this December has been the coldest since 1978 in many parts of Finland. So the local warming has been canceled.
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki
    They say this December has been the coldest since 1978 in many parts of Finland. So the local warming has been canceled.
    Wasn't it 1987 ?
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    We have been a bit below normal but a lot of snow. Ski Hills all opened 2 weeks ago and most snowmobile trails open. Ice is variable and dangerous. Main part of Georgian Bay wide open and there is an ice breaker in Midland Bay today getting grain ships in.
    However we were at 3c today, supposed to be 7 tomorrow and 10 on Sat. That would be a record. Ski resorts have enough snow but trails may have to close.
    By Sun the high will be-4 and snow. Same for rest of the week.