Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    Not going to happen so I dont have to worry about it.
    well we'll just see now won't we, be prepared to be held accountable.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPVguy
    well we'll just see now won't we, be prepared to be held accountable.
    Are you kidding, him accountable? He's still here after years of this crap. Way old.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

JR to D&R

By continually adding a rotating list of ride buyers to their Dad's car, D&R may be helping their bottom line but they're hurting their on-track performance. Is the point to win races (or finish high), or make as much money as they can from ride buyers even if it hurts the team's performance? This was a team that was supposed to try to break into the Penske and Ganassi dominance, but they've clearly given up hope of that and are just wasting everyone's time.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Rogers
    By continually adding a rotating list of ride buyers to their Dad's car, D&R may be helping their bottom line but they're hurting their on-track performance. Is the point to win races (or finish high), or make as much money as they can from ride buyers even if it hurts the team's performance? This was a team that was supposed to try to break into the Penske and Ganassi dominance, but they've clearly given up hope of that and are just wasting everyone's time.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say they are giving up, and to say they were poised to break into the Penske/Ganassi grouping is a bit optimistic. They were set to be very competitive on road courses with a strong road course team, however, their oval prowess is still lacking a bit.

I think they are making the best of a bad situation. They needed to make quick changes within a week of Indy due to an injury, and admitted they were trying to get Graham under contract for the rest of the season, but that fell through it seems.

I have no issues with the way they are going about replacing Conway. It is giving guys a chance to get into the cockpit that otherwise wouldn't. If you think that putting Tomas Scheckter into that seat full time the rest of the year means that J.R. Hildebrand doesn't get his shot, I'm happier the way they are doing it so J.R. gets a chance.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Rogers
    Is the point to win races (or finish high), or make as much money as they can from ride buyers even if it hurts the team's performance?

We all know that answer. Its to take the checko's from the drivers. Its the Indy Car way.

Why are they doing this? They have to. Conway was funding the ride with his parent's checkbook (just like he did last year) and when he got hurt and car needed funding to keep running.

Scheckter is bringing money to get into the car. So was Tracy. So is Hildebrand. Whoever gets into the car at Edmonton will be bringing money. Its not about "competing" (although they could do a whole lot worse then the drivers that have financed them). Its about $$$$. Which is also the reason why 2 teams win almost all the races in this league (and have for years). Those are 2 of the only teams that are actually trying to compete on the track. The rest? Only with their words.

When Conway gets back, the "funding" for that ride will magically be back and the ride-swapping will end.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If I was at D&RR I would have put Graham Rahal in the car and kept him there until Conway's return or the end of the season as I have said before.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    DF, I bet if it was your butt writing the checks you'd do exactly what D&R is doing. This is not a team with a ton of personal financing or sponsorship to keep writing checks outta their pocketbook. And besides, what would having Graham on the team do for them in the long term? Sure, here and there they might get a better result, but he certainly will not be racing for them full-season next year, and I have my doubts that he would do significantly better than guys like Scheckter on the ovals and Tracy on the roads/streets. They're getting some good guys into the cars while also keeping their finances in order. I have no issues with what D&R is doing. To me, it's not nearly as heinous of some of the stuff going on at KV.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Any chances if he can get a deal set for an Indy Car team or will Cypher snatches JR from under him?