Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    I use to post on another forum before this, and am not a big fan of the strictness of keeping certain topics in certain forums. Some great discussions on F1 are not in the F1 part, but in the history forum, and it restricts access to it, as not everyone checks that forum as regularly (I know I don't!). Same with Chit Chat, I was hoping for a good discussion on the road tax, but it was moved to the transport forum, and be fair, how many people bother to read that? Not as many as the Chit Chat forum I'm sure!

I think all you really need is a F1 and Non-F1 section rather than all these sections. Or maybe an F1, Other motorsport, and non-f1. Having a seperate forum for as many on this forum results in people only seeing a few topics.

Anyway, sorry for that little rant. Wrong place to post it I guess? (see my point!!).

I will miss MS. He was a great driver to watch, though I don't respect him as a sportsman, because sporting was not a word many would use to describe him, he was without doubt one of the greatest drivers in F1.

JPM was exciting to watch, honest, and I can't get over how F1 has just let him go. What a waste! He could have been great to watch in 2008 with the new regulations! Our loss is Nascar's gain, as his last race there is showing!

And I like JV, even though people seem to dislike the guy. He's a big character in F1, and not boring like all the new PR orientated drivers coming into F1 today. Even Lewis Hamilton, a great exciting player on track so far, but one of the most boring bland people to watch being interviewed! I hope he learns to show his personality more as he gains experieince in the F1 world. And I loved Alonso's new outspoken personality in recent months, and I hope his switch to McLaren doesn't change that, like it did to JPM! It would be a travesty!

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PSfan
    Just for clarification:

If JV decided to go on another rant about current F1 drivers, managers, how the sport is run, are we not allowed to discuss what he has to say?

If the German GP decides to do something special to honour MS during the race weekend, do we only discuss that in the H&N forum?

If there is rumours about JPM being offered a seat at Torro Rosso again are we suppose to ignore them?
    All this can be discussed in here, what cannot be discussed is them, as former F1 drivers. I hope I made my self clear
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    JPM: a great natural talent squandered because of a lack of application and an unwillingness to take F1 seriously.

JV: a decent talent squandered becuase you thought as a WDC the world owed you a living.

MS: flawed genius who re-wrote the history books and raised the benchmark for all who follow, but who will be remembered as much for the controversy as the championships.

They'll all be missed in their own way, but it's time to move on. Nothing to see here.....
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brockman
    JPM: a great natural talent squandered because of a lack of application and an unwillingness to take F1 seriously.
    Where do ppl get the impression JPM didn't apply himself properly to F1, or was unwilling to do so?

Head made a couple of comments in this debut season. But after that only positive noises came out from Williams, with both Head and Frank saying he was a true professional, on and off track, right till he left the team.

Ron Dennis went even further, and stated that after his injury in which he missed a couple of races, he's never seen a driver work harder physically and on the car side of things during his time in F1 - that includes many drivers like DC, Mika, Kimi, Prost, Senna etc! That was quite some comment. And he made this comment during only a couple of months before he sacked him when he found out he wasn't going to be in F1.

Just because he's laid back, a bit jokey, and outspoken, people seem to assume he doesn't care, or he lacks application as you say etc - that is completely untrue though.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Farewell JPM, JV and MS. You all brought a lot to the sport, but your time has passed. Onwards and upwards with the new generation.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raphael123
    Head made a couple of comments in this debut season. But after that only positive noises came out from Williams, with both Head and Frank saying he was a true professional, on and off track, right till he left the team.

Ron Dennis went even further, and stated that after his injury in which he missed a couple of races, he's never seen a driver work harder physically and on the car side of things during his time in F1 - that includes many drivers like DC, Mika, Kimi, Prost, Senna etc! That was quite some comment. And he made this comment during only a couple of months before he sacked him when he found out he wasn't going to be in F1.
    Because Valve might still be holidaying in France I'll do it:

LINKs PLEASE!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    No links available.

If you subscribe to the F1Racing magazines, just check back to last year with a big interview with Ron Dennis and you can see his comments. I don't know of any site which publish the articles in the magazine though.

The Head and Williams interview may be harder to find, as they were in the 2004 editions magazine, but unless you chuck them you should be able to find the interviews somewhere.

Hope that helps (unless you don't read read those magazines )

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    "no more discussions will be allowed about them in here" .

Well now , doesn't that sound like the final word ?

I will not post here if I am not allowed to relate actions of today with the past .
    I am happy to be "moderated" but I will not tolerate this kind of statement from a moderator .

I am sorry , Pino , but I cannot comply .
    Your blanket statement is not acceptable to me .

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    "no more discussions will be allowed about them in here" .

Well now , doesn't that sound like the final word ?

I will not post here if I am not allowed to relate actions of today with the past .
    I am happy to be "moderated" but I will not tolerate this kind of statement from a moderator .

I am sorry , Pino , but I cannot comply .
    Your blanket statement is not acceptable to me .
    Bagwan, you can still talk about Jacques (as driver) as much as you want...in the Nostalgia Forum, not in here. Sorry

pino
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Bagwan
    I'm guessing Mods want the never ending "but MS ram into JV which caused Montoya to kick JV in the head twenty years ago..." tirades to be discussed in the history section, since both these drivers and their actions are now F1 history. Quite franly, it's the right thing to do, the same bickering goes around in circles accomplishing nothing more than bans for idiots.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.