Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    I'm at the British GP too this weekend, will be there from Friday through to Sunday and although I seem to spend my summers year after year perpetually watching motor racing this will be the first time i've attended a Grand Prix, though I have seen F1 cars in action before, namely the Goodwood Festival Of Speed in 2001, though there was only a single run done in an F1 car that was actually going for it, Takuma Sato in a 2001 BAR-Honda on his final run on the Friday, still remember it well, whilst I don't have any particular memories of the other drivers dicking about doing burnouts! (Thats right Jenson Button, contrary to what you say, true F1 fans don't want to see F1 drivers doing burnouts, they want to see the cars going quickly, I get the feeling the big boys are too $hit scared to attack the hill - not Sato!) And I was also in attendance at the Regent Street F1 demo back in 2004, as were tens of thousands of others, though unlike most I did actually see the cars! Looking forward to seeing the sheer majesty of F1 up close and personal doing what they are meant to do. Anyone else on here camping at Silverstone?

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    Another thing I found was I kept on taking Photo's and film of everything, my advice would be not to take to many.

I found afterwards I had spent half the sessions looking through a lense.

I would only take a few photo's if you are going to and then sit back and watch the action.
    I agree, I've learnt over years of going to hill climbs that if you take photos of everything you don't actually end up seeing the event! I recommend taking lots of photos during practice sessions and suchlike, leaving you free to watch and enjoy the race.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thank you to all for your very useful replies

I'm coming from Bournemouth in Dorset and go to Silverstone every year to watch the BTCC and can usually do it in 2hrs. At least I hope so at 5am!

I've been a huge Jensie Button fan right from the very start in 2000 and have never been so excited about a motorsport event. I've only ever seen him at Goodwood festival of speed so I'm counting down the hrs! Only ever been to F1 once before..Friday practice 1996 and at 11 I didn't really appreciate it

I think we're in for a classic weekend as well, really hard to call let's just hope McLaren's update works

Thanks again

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JBAFCB

I'm coming from Bournemouth in Dorset and go to Silverstone every year to watch the BTCC and can usually do it in 2hrs. At least I hope so at 5am!

I've been a huge Jensie Button fan right from the very start in 2000 and have never been so excited about a motorsport event. I've only ever seen him at Goodwood festival of speed so I'm counting down the hrs! Only ever been to F1 once before..Friday practice 1996 and at 11 I didn't really appreciate it

I think we're in for a classic weekend as well, really hard to call let's just hope McLaren's update works

Thanks again

Hope you all really enjoy your weekends. I hope to go again next year.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JBAFCB

Thanks again
    It should be an awesome weekend. Where ever you watch from have a great time

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Free Practice at 50 quid a ticket, sit anywhere, and free parking, is a bit of a bargain so i'll be off to that! Well, cheap compared to the raceday tickets
    ---/\==