Quote Originally Posted by DazzlaF1
Holy moly, that was frightening to watch. I cant imagine what it was like if I was one of those marshals running for their very lives. horrifying.

Very concerning though I think was that there was no high catch fencing on that small section where the car flipped into the spectators area, maybe this incident could make these fences mandatory.
Motorsport is dangerous, fencing everything off just ruins the spectacle and still can't guarantee safety. I've been involved in near misses before (generally rallying) but I know that it's a risk I take by watching. I think that having fences is more likely to lure people into a false sense of security while simultaneously ruining the view for everyone. You simply can't legislate for an accident like that and say that everything should be fenced. Motorsport is already on it's arse with tracks and events having no money, the cost of full perimeter fencing would likely be another nail in the coffin of several events and I don't think that any of us want to see that.