Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Brilliant drive by Turkington to get P3! Even though Menu let him past he looked the quickest on track and could have done even better if the BMW had greater top speed!

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    For a World series, there's some really amateur driving. Good performances from Colin, maybe should be permanently in the series.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...medium=twitter

Rob Huff at Brands from Friday's Look East

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    What an enjoyable days racing. the WTCC provided two very good races, Turkington and Priaulx were both superb today. if this is WTCC in its supposed dire year, then the WTCC has a good future.

I was pleased to get Priaulx's, Turkington's and Farfus' autographs aswell at the BMW stand, that was a good feature, just shame I missed getting murray walkers buy an agonisingly close margin... (he was called to go somewhere else)

as for the support series, the lotus on track elise trophy featured great club racing, the F2s were Ok and certainly dramatic with Palmer and the lithuanian guy (whos name I can pronounce but not spell without looking at the program) dropping out then there were 2 40 minute maserati races, which for me were too long for the quality of racing offered...

and then there was the seat leon eurocup. a dramatic race featuring a large crash at paddock hill infront of me, but it was nothing compared to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKtUoxx7nok

It's an absolute miracle no trackside marshall or spectator was killed there, watching this on the big screan was incredibly horrifying. I could tell the spectators around me felt the same.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Two pretty good races, shame they can't all be like that. Colin Turkington was the star performer today, two good podium finishes, he and WSR are leagues ahead of the other WTCC independents at Brands Hatch. I believe he took the biggest ever haul of points by an independent in one weekend and after just two meetings he is in second place in the Independents Cup.
    I was a little disappointed with Harry Vaulkhard, on home turf I would have thought he could finish better.
    Andy Priaulx drove through the field well in race one and was quite calm in race two in taking yet another win.
    Yvan Muller's win in race one was flawless lights to flag win.
    Mehdi Bennani drove quite badly in race two taking off Franz Engstler and Darryl O'Young.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR
    and then there was the seat leon eurocup. a dramatic race featuring a large crash at paddock hill infront of me, but it was nothing compared to this:

It's an absolute miracle no trackside marshall or spectator was killed there, watching this on the big screan was incredibly horrifying. I could tell the spectators around me felt the same.
    An Extremely Scary Momment, Was very Uncomfortable for ages, Especially when all the Ambulances were charging up there..

Huge Sigh off Relief to know nobody was hurt..

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR

Holy moly, that was frightening to watch. I cant imagine what it was like if I was one of those marshals running for their very lives. horrifying.

Very concerning though I think was that there was no high catch fencing on that small section where the car flipped into the spectators area, maybe this incident could make these fences mandatory.
    "Alboreto, into the pits, and im going to stop the startwatch" (Murray Walker, Monaco 1987)

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eunos
    An Extremely Scary Momment, Was very Uncomfortable for ages, Especially when all the Ambulances were charging up there..

Huge Sigh off Relief to know nobody was hurt..
    I felt exactly the same, and any appetite I had for food was put off for a good few hours.

on another note, does anyone know why the lotus elise race was red flagged?
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzlaF1
    Holy moly, that was frightening to watch. I cant imagine what it was like if I was one of those marshals running for their very lives. horrifying.

Very concerning though I think was that there was no high catch fencing on that small section where the car flipped into the spectators area, maybe this incident could make these fences mandatory.
    Motorsport is dangerous, fencing everything off just ruins the spectacle and still can't guarantee safety. I've been involved in near misses before (generally rallying) but I know that it's a risk I take by watching. I think that having fences is more likely to lure people into a false sense of security while simultaneously ruining the view for everyone. You simply can't legislate for an accident like that and say that everything should be fenced. Motorsport is already on it's arse with tracks and events having no money, the cost of full perimeter fencing would likely be another nail in the coffin of several events and I don't think that any of us want to see that.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Some good racing from the WTCC - big congratulations to Colin Turkington showing the talent coming from the BTCC once again

Great circuit, great weather. Not as good as the BTCC, however. Nice to see the WTCC using a proper podium though!

I remember commenting that I was surprised there was catch fencing on the inside of Sheene curve. Then this incident happens, which shows cars can go off heavy on the inside of a corner.

It was an unusual accident. There is perhaps now a case to justify catch fencing.