Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    why do you follow them on twitter ?? Most people, myself included, if they didnt like someone they sure wouldnt be following them on twitter or any other social networking site. I would care less what they are doing.
    I do care less about what she is doing in her personal life. But there are a number of diverse sites I check from time to time when I need a laugh.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Give the girl a break. She is going from 1 car to the other 1 from week to the next. I think she is doing a fine job.

I follow her on twitter, Danica is also big on fashion too, and what I want to know is that if you dont like someone, why do you follow them on twitter ?? Most people, myself included, if they didnt like someone they sure wouldnt be following them on twitter or any other social networking site. I would care less what they are doing.

A fine job as compared to what?

By the way, since the beginning of the year, there quite a few young up and comers with tons of talent that are now out of rides. Most of that is due to budget and/or sponsorship. I noticed that James Buescher wasn't around at Chicagoland...just one example of a 19 or 20 year old kid sitting around after running circles around the Danica with a team that can't even answer the bell all year. THAT is sad...Danica needs to go.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Good drivers can jump from one type of car to another with no problems. Tony Stewart does it all the time.
    Mario Andretti, A. J. and company would be in a dirt track car one day a pavement sprinter the next, a Can Am car the next weekend and then a rear engined oval car followed in Mario's case by a F1 car and winning in all.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    A fine job as compared to what?

By the way, since the beginning of the year, there quite a few young up and comers with tons of talent that are now out of rides. Most of that is due to budget and/or sponsorship. I noticed that James Buescher wasn't around at Chicagoland...just one example of a 19 or 20 year old kid sitting around after running circles around the Danica with a team that can't even answer the bell all year. THAT is sad...Danica needs to go.
    Fact of life. What do you propose for the up-and-comers that are out of rides?
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Give the girl a break. She is going from 1 car to the other 1 from week to the next. I think she is doing a fine job.

I follow her on twitter, Danica is also big on fashion too, and what I want to know is that if you dont like someone, why do you follow them on twitter ?? Most people, myself included, if they didnt like someone they sure wouldnt be following them on twitter or any other social networking site. I would care less what they are doing.
    But that was entirely her choice. If she wanted to do NASCAR she should have made that clear to Andretti and told him she was outta IRL and going to Nationwide to ply her trade and eventually get into the main series.

Instead she's tried to have her cake and eat it ruining her chances to do well in IRL (if she could) and not really aiding development in stock cars.

Plus I bet if you gave Montoya her IRL car he'd be doing a hell of a lot better, assuming he could fit
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

DF, I appreciate your like for the lady, but you have to grasp a few salient facts:

1) As it was pointed out, she is making this choice. I of the opinion had she stayed in the IRL and worked 100% of her mental focus on learning, she could be a decent driver in the IRL, That said, she didn't.

2)You follow her on Twitter. That's great. How many tweets in a week are actually about racing if she isn't at the track after practice or whatever. Mid week, what is she going on about? Not racing. FASHION, THIS...THAT....and I suppose most of the drivers have other interests, but you NEVER, EVER hear of Danica hanging with the engineers, the mechanics or other drivers discussing setups, learning the nuts and bolts of knowledge a driver needs to have to be a success. She doesn't do this stuff DF....and it is showing in her results.

3)Danica's high dislike quotient is coming from constant attitude that she is above those she races with. Many of her detractors on this thread and others all support drivers like Sarah Fisher and Simona DiSilvestro. I used to support a local driver who ran sportscars up here; Terry McDonald-Cadieux. Terry is Randy McDonald's sister (Randy owns a NW team now) and Terry was all about racing when she was the track. She is a great looking lady, but she would be elbows deep working the car if she had to be on a weekend. Sarah Fisher I have no doubts would do the same. Simona may not have, but I suspect would do so if asked. Danica????? You kidding me? She might break a nail!
    Danica has never once given the knowledgeable race fan that she would rather eat glass than NOT race like ladies like Sarah and Simona or my friend Terry.

4) the hype of the Danica brand is the last factor that is creating this issue. All the threads on here with Danica usually refer to ESPN's more rampant cheerleading, but the Fox guys on Speed did their share of it too. We don't need to be sold on a great driver, yet the media has spent gallons of ink and miles of tape telling us all about Danica. Sorry, Danica's dismal finishes in the last 6 months proves she isn't worthy of this attention.

So there will not be a giving the girl a break. I am sorry you can take it personally but it is what it is. You are a fan, and I get that, even if I don't "get" it if you catch my drift.

I grew up on racing, seeing my first race as a 6 year old (and the Canadian GP at THAT) and spent 25 years timing and scoring it as an official. I have seen the rise of women in racing, and I have always been a fan of the ones who want to be in the sport and pay their dues. The car doesn't care what sex you are, it only requires that it be treated with respect, and be set up, maintained and tuned properly to go fast. Danica is more about the show than the substance and That is why she doesn't get my respect, or the respect of most knowledegable racing fans....

The sad reality is, Danica may well have some talent in there somewhere, it manifests itself at places like Indy, but she wont pay the price to do what it takes to be a success at the race track.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I don't feel the least bit sorry for JR Motorsports... or Andretti Autosports. Both organizations have either signed or stuck with a media created "racing star" in order to get the checks she brings. It's no different than when F1 teams (including Williams) would take on some hack Japanese driver in order to get free engines or a fat check from Honda or Toyota. As Williams GP found out, deals with the devil seldom end with everybody smiling.

From what I've read about Danica, while she seems to believe a lot of her own press, she's also laughing all the way to the bank as people hammer her now. Her management team probably knows what they've actually got: a mid talent in the IRL and a no talent in NASCAR. But as long as they can run this out a bit longer, they can collect some fat management fees for themselves and a fat paycheck for The Danica for several more years to come.

The sad thing is that some real fans of the Nationwide series may get turned off by all of the Danicamania hype and stop watching. I think that's part of the IRL's (and Indy's) problem. When someone that doesn't know what the switches on her car does, and is finishing 2-5 laps down, gets as much press as the person who wins the race, if I was a fan, I probably wouldn't be for long. I do like the truck series, but I'm basically just watching Nationwide for sh__s & giggles... at Danica's expense. I'll go away when she does. But I wonder how many real fans are getting turned off already?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    why are we still caring!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

we all know Danica is average at best, thats just the way it is, if super stalker wants to continue thinkin she is amazing, let him. who really cares, just look at the results and finishes and just laugh, its actually a good stress reliever
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A day of truth surrounding Danica always puts a smile on my face! Today is one of those days!
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    But I wonder how many real fans are getting turned off already?
    Quite a few I suspect. The NASCAR forums are not exactly giddy with excitement.

I once watched Nationwide whenever I could (I like all racing), but when the anointed one is in the field, I use the mute button and often switch to something interesting, like golf.

I can finally watch the IRL again most of the time because they don't pay much attention to her. Still the poor mute button gets a workout.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true