Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    I hope that big money transfers will come again into WRC.. Last few years it's sport for rich sons and that ruins WRC..

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29
    They believe Citroen will have Sordo and Loeb in the main team in 2011, and even Kimi may be promoted before Ogier.
    I was willing to believe that source until that point. Promote Kimi over Ogier? He's a Citroen project and has been promoted to the main team in place of Sordo for the gravel rounds.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    They believe Citroen will have Sordo and Loeb in the main team in 2011, and even Kimi may be promoted before ogier
    your "friend" needs a brain restart.....

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    your "friend" needs a brain restart.....

Really Sordo is a future useless nobody, never been allowed to win a WRC rally, never will be allowed to, Ogier is a fine rally driver, almost a clone of Loeb.

MJW
    I think the key to this move is what Loeb decides to do, IF Loeb and Ogier stay at Citroen, I guess Ogier will all of a sudden find his Citroen engine a "little off". Its only my thoughts but I suspect the Loeb / Citroen relationship is a clone of the Ferrari /Schumacher time, and having Ogier win so early may backfire on Citroen. If Ogier's first win came middle of 2011 I'm sure it would have been more convenient, but now that Seb v2.0 has rattled Loeb and won a rally outright (after becoming close earlier) I wonder if Ogier realises that Ford would totally support him and he will be allowed to fight Loeb. I may be a cynic but Citroen is a 1 man team, Loeb and they dont want Ogier to beat their 7 times champion.
    I still think that Seb Loeb will be conveniently moved to Peugot LeMans series in 2011, thereby ensuring that Ogier stays at Citroen to keep the dominance.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    Agree he'd be crazy to leave, but maybe this will increase Citroen's offer to him...... all part of the negotiation
    Exactly, hes getting the best deal possible as citroen would be crazy to let him go, no matter how much I want him at Ford!!

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    I think the key to this move is what Loeb decides to do, IF Loeb and Ogier stay at Citroen, I guess Ogier will all of a sudden find his Citroen engine a "little off". Its only my thoughts but I suspect the Loeb / Citroen relationship is a clone of the Ferrari /Schumacher time, and having Ogier win so early may backfire on Citroen. If Ogier's first win came middle of 2011 I'm sure it would have been more convenient, but now that Seb v2.0 has rattled Loeb and won a rally outright (after becoming close earlier) I wonder if Ogier realises that Ford would totally support him and he will be allowed to fight Loeb. I may be a cynic but Citroen is a 1 man team, Loeb and they dont want Ogier to beat their 7 times champion.
    I still think that Seb Loeb will be conveniently moved to Peugot LeMans series in 2011, thereby ensuring that Ogier stays at Citroen to keep the dominance.
    the career of loeb will end soon or will start to decline soon....i guess Ogier can wait 2 or 3 years.

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    To be honest I dont see Loeb moving to circuit race full time, and if he tries to I suspect he will get bored of it quickly. But hey, is still a young guy and perhaps what he says about having a go at other disciplines is a way to tease competition on WRC.
    And I believe Ford will be competitive next year, it's better for Ogier to move if he thinks it's a good ption rather than become a Citroen muppet.

Liked 25 Times in 9 Posts
    Either way, it would certainly be interesting to see what Quesnel would say if Ogier goes to Ford
    It would certainly be interesting to see what Quesnel would say to Sordo(!) if Ogier goes to Ford
    http://www.ALMrally.ru All about rally in Russian

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Hmm, I don't think this will happen.

I guess it means Malcolm is not too happy with his current pair though (or at least blames some of this years lack of performance on them)

I imagine Ogier will be in the works Citroen team next year. It would be nice if the rules were changed to allow 3 car teams in WRC (best 2 score) Then we could have:

Citroen:

-Loeb
    -Sordo
    -Ogier

Ford:

- Mikko
    - JML
    - PGA

Citroen Junior:

- P Solberg
    - K Raikkonen

Stobart: