Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If I understood this news correctly, the price hasn't got to be the same, just "reasonable" and they consider 30 to 40 € a month "reasonable":

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TECH/web...id=0w-3wtCZ_9K

The "universal service obligation" as it is known means broadband access is considered a staple commodity alongside services such as telephone and postal services, according to the Finnish Communications Regulatory Authority (FICORA).
    FICORA said it had assigned 26 telecommunications companies as universal service providers across the nation. It said a monthly fee of Euros 30 to 40 (around $37 to $47) would be reasonable in most cases.
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Not free, no. It just has to be available. Much in the same way as every home has the right to be connected to electricity and have water and sewage connections, but they still need to be paid for.
    Sounds fairly reasonable then. But I'm not sure that enshrining something like this as a "Human Right" is a good thing. It should be just like water and swage connections, needs to be done, but not a "Human Right".
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Eki
    so cable tv, internet, phone is how much per mo? don't count mobile phones unless you have no land line.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck34
    Sounds fairly reasonable then. But I'm not sure that enshrining something like this as a "Human Right" is a good thing. It should be just like water and swage connections, needs to be done, but not a "Human Right".
    I'm not sure it's a "Human Right" in the same way as a right to a fair trial etc. But it's a basic amenity all citizens should be able to access.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki
    Now anthonyvop will come in and say that an internet connection is not a human right.
    Does this mean the virtual Eki has more or less virtual internet capitol?
    May the forza be with you

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Now anthonyvop will come in and say that an internet connection is not a human right.
    Of course it isn't.

How is an internet connection a right?

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    If I understood this news correctly, the price hasn't got to be the same, just "reasonable" and they consider 30 to 40 € a month "reasonable":

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TECH/web...id=0w-3wtCZ_9K
    That's a bigtime rip-off then because I pay $30 for the highest speed that cable provides, and it's not promotional or packed in a bundle of any other services.
    On the other hand I don't get any paid vacations
    May the forza be with you

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamy
    Eki
    so cable tv, internet, phone is how much per mo? don't count mobile phones unless you have no land line.
    Depends on the service and where you live.

Available for my home:

- Cable TV min (infrastructure + about 25 free channels) free.
    - Cable TV max (above + about 50 pay channels (including 8 HD channels) about 135 €/mo.
    - Several channel package options between min and max available.

- Internet (cable modem via the cable TV network max 100 Mbps) 14.90 €/mo

I can't find prices for land line phones. Maybe they don't sell them anymore? I don't have a land line neither at work nor at home, just cell phones.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    very good internet price
    TV max is expensive
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamy
    TV max is expensive
    The basic package including the 8 HD channels and the 25 free channels is 14.90 €/mo . Then you may take 0 to 41 extra channels on top of that for 2.90 €/mo per channel.