Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts

Stages at NORF - old and new ones

I want to educate myself, and the viewers at this forum of the joy of knowing the trix and bends and "hyvvä hyppy" at stages that have been used and also new ones coming up every year.

This thread depends very much of you finnish mates who live nearby or have a long experience of visiting NORF back in the years.

For example we could have information on where that picture or filming was taken so that a good places could be visited by us foreigners next time...

So what do you think?

My first question - does anyone have any incar photage from the Urria stage 2009?
    I was thinking of visiting that stage this year (SS2/4) in the beginning of stage and wondering what kind of road there is at the place?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    I want to educate myself, and the viewers at this forum of the joy of knowing the trix and bends and "hyvvä hyppy" at stages that have been used and also new ones coming up every year.

This thread depends very much of you finnish mates who live nearby or have a long experience of visiting NORF back in the years.

For example we could have information on where that picture or filming was taken so that a good places could be visited by us foreigners next time...

So what do you think?

My first question - does anyone have any incar photage from the Urria stage 2009?
    I was thinking of visiting that stage this year (SS2/4) in the beginning of stage and wondering what kind of road there is at the place?
    There is many good spots at Urria, 1 good jump is when the road comes to an open field from the woods, the cars jumps there sideways, im sure you find it when you drive truh the stage.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    There is many good spots at Urria, 1 good jump is when the road comes to an open field from the woods, the cars jumps there sideways, im sure you find it when you drive truh the stage.
    You mean the Mikko's favourite corner few hundred meters after the Urria jump? We were there few years back, it sure is a great place and speeds are high. Plus just after this place there's a jump straight that ends to a high speed left hander.

This year's SS12 (2009 SS18, Kavala) Kolonkulma has many idyllic and interesting places. Just spent few hours there yesterday. I'm just waiting for Rally Guide 2 to be published and then let my recce begin...
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juha_Koo
    You mean the Mikko's favourite corner few hundred meters after the Urria jump? We were there few years back, it sure is a great place and speeds are high. Plus just after this place there's a jump straight that ends to a high speed left hander.

This year's SS12 (2009 SS18, Kavala) Kolonkulma has many idyllic and interesting places. Just spent few hours there yesterday. I'm just waiting for Rally Guide 2 to be published and then let my recce begin...
    yes, the same place
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 576 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juha_Koo
    If that sideways jump was shown last year on tv then it did look excellent! Would like to go there, and also want to find a spot right next to a lake if possible. Will spend the Thursday after shakedown looking for places. Really looking forward to it now
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Here’s a couple of in car videos from Urria, not WRC though (Finnish group F, vetomies). I was with a friend at the big jump (at 3:34) few years ago and if I remember right we came to the stage from the junction at 3.59 and it was not a long walk from parking. Hope this can help you choosing the spectator area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sntSih9cVS0

Not so good quality but the sound is BEATIIFUL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4gU016slGY
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Thank you OldF.

There are two bends on same stage where Manfred Stohl at first is near off after only maybe 1 k (maybe Vatanen or Kankkunen rolled here too with Huyndai) and then after about 5 min he goes off and rolled heavily. What name on that stage?
    (I think it was back in 2007)

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    Thank you OldF.

There are two bends on same stage where Manfred Stohl at first is near off after only maybe 1 k (maybe Vatanen or Kankkunen rolled here too with Huyndai) and then after about 5 min he goes off and rolled heavily. What name on that stage?
    (I think it was back in 2007)
    That stage was Juupajoki. About 2min 30sek from start of those OldF's videos are not driven this year. Stage starts different place now and it's a pit longer than those videos. Please go check Swedish driver Patrik Ottosson's website. There is incar from Urria last year and it's same than this year...

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donlorean
    Please go check Swedish driver Patrik Ottosson's website. There is incar from Urria last year and it's same than this year...
    Here's a direct link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wSbM...layer_embedded
    http://www.ottossonsrallyteam.se/

The big jump is at about 5m40s.

Also found Räikkönen's incar from last year's Urria.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j0CIb7SLEY
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Thank you Hartusvuori!

Looks like though, that Urria is best at and after the big jump. Even though there seems to be a left hander just after start (maybe junction) that had to be Mr Ottosson´s Waterloo - the co-driver jells that he shall just step on it before the corner.

How about the new stage Sirkkamäki? And the beginning of Surkee stage? Anyone know anything about those two stages?