Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Council

MJW

World Council

Source http://www.fia.com

RALLYING

The FIA World Rally Championship calendar remains as ratified by the World Council in April 2010. There will be 13 events to allow the evolution of rallying worldwide, including the format of events and eligibility of cars.

From 2011, the sporting regulations will be amended to allow any tyre manufacturer to supply tyres. Regulations will be implemented to control costs. The amended regulations will be presented to the WMSC for a fax vote before 20 July 2010. The FIA Junior World Rally Championship will continue with a single tyre supplier.

With immediate effect, the name of the co-driver will be included on the rear side windows of competition cars in the World Rally Championship and Regional Rally Championships.

The World Council adopted new cost-controlling technical regulations for the Regional Rally Championships to permit the adaptation of the current Super 2000 cars to the new 1.6L turbo engine.

Following an invitation to tender to supply paddle shift systems in the 2011 and 2012 FIA World Rally Championships, the FIA received tenders which did not satisfy the criteria. The World Council therefore did not select a single supplier for the 2011 FIA World Rally Championship. The WRC Commission has been mandated to study the possible introduction of a paddle shift system in the future, in line with the evolution of similar road car technology.

By my reading that means no paddle shift for the new cars in 2011, namely the DS3 as the Fiesta is homologated with a sequential gearlever, (no doubt they would have homologated a flappy paddle in time for 2011, but the yway I read that its delayed
    Also anyone know whats meant by allowing adaptation of current S200 cars to 1.6T, can you put a DS3 1.6T into a 207?

Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts

Good news about the tyre choice, and sense at last over the co-drivers name!
    As for the Regional championships, not sure, my guess is European, AsiaPacific, etc type series can put a 1.6T into a current S2000 car.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I assume it means backwards compatibility with homologation, eg putting a fiesta 1.6t engine in a car homologated in 2009/2010
    Colin Steele McRae ...5 August 1968 - 15 September 2007...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macd
    I assume it means backwards compatibility with homologation, eg putting a fiesta 1.6t engine in a car homologated in 2009/2010
    This also means change of transmission line, including gearbox. Can't imagine that the current will do, with the more powerful 1.6t engines

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This will also open up for BF Goodridge/Michelin, Hankook and Bridgestone money entering WRC

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Good news about the tyre choice, and sense at last over the co-drivers name!
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    I guess it will be the end of the Pirelli Star program too though with the lack of an exclusive tyre deal. Which is a shame in many respects.
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    With immediate effect, the council also decided that co-drivers names will be reintroduced to the rear side windows of competition cars in the World Rally Championship.
    This is great news. The unsung heroes get their names back on the windows after a long pause. I never understood the rule that prohibited their names from the windows.
    Satakymppi, oikee yks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anybody knows PWRC calendar for 2011?

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    Source http://www.fia.com

RALLYING

Following an invitation to tender to supply paddle shift systems in the 2011 and 2012 FIA World Rally Championships, the FIA received tenders which did not satisfy the criteria. The World Council therefore did not select a single supplier for the 2011 FIA World Rally Championship. The WRC Commission has been mandated to study the possible introduction of a paddle shift system in the future, in line with the evolution of similar road car technology.

By my reading that means no paddle shift for the new cars in 2011, namely the DS3 as the Fiesta is homologated with a sequential gearlever
    It says that FIA did not select a single supplier, but it says nothing about that the two manufacturers cant homologate paddle shift for their car for 2011, or am I mistaken ?