Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl
    OMG!!! NO! NO! It's in my brain now. Round and round and round and round. Get it out, get it out NOW!
    click on my sig, that will save you
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    click on my sig, that will save you
    Where's that throw-up icon when I need it?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    somehow i missed this. where were there transcripts of DP's race chatter from the Loudon race?

As an ambivalent former fan of Danica, I have to say I'm a bit surprised at how poorly she' done so far in NASCAR.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl
    Where's that throw-up icon when I need it?
    Well, you weren't the only one to go there. Must. Stop. Following. Instructions. From. Unknown. Persons. On. Internet.
    "Everything comes to those who wait... except a cat." Mario Andretti

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickFalzone
    somehow i missed this. where were there transcripts of DP's race chatter from the Loudon race?

As an ambivalent former fan of Danica, I have to say I'm a bit surprised at how poorly she' done so far in NASCAR.
    Linky
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How clueless is she?????? I mean really, the AP media needs to look at this, along with the people who dont really follow racing, but only her. and all they need to do is read this and see what a fraud she is, she has no clue what type of racing element she is in, if she thinks she wants to go to Nascar, she better spend time in ARCA before anything, cause shes not gonna last in the NWS. and this was a driver saying she was ready to go straight into the Cup series
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    How clueless is she?????? I mean really, the AP media needs to look at this, along with the people who dont really follow racing, but only her. and all they need to do is read this and see what a fraud she is, she has no clue what type of racing element she is in, if she thinks she wants to go to Nascar, she better spend time in ARCA before anything, cause shes not gonna last in the NWS. and this was a driver saying she was ready to go straight into the Cup series
    And don't forget, only for a top team. Right. She got what she asked for, and doesn't have a clue what to do with it.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    As most of you know I do not have much use for the Princess.
    BUT I do think she has, or had, a fair amount of latent talent.
    For whatever reason she or her handlers decided to exploit her looks and market her "Brand". If she had buckled down as a racer in her career and tried to understand and develop her skills as to set up I feel she would have developed into a fairly good driver.
    She didn't and now is out of her depth and when the car is not exactly as she likes it as she has no clue as to what to do.
    It becomes more apparent on road/street courses or when she tries the taxi cabs.
    She also appears to be more 'gun shy' now than she used to and will not or very rarely run real close to anyone for more than a few laps.
    That you must do in the tin tops and she can't.
    Her comments on the radio in her last race also demonstrated that she really does not understand the stock car enviroment.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    From Beachbum's link:

Later, when a driver tapped her rear corner to get her loose and make a pass, Danica seemed surprised at the contact.

"Did I do something?" she said. "I mean, why would he hit my corner?"

Eury Jr. explained that NASCAR drivers often loosen other cars in order to make them drift up the track and open the door for a pass.

"So that's like a technique?" she asked.
    Like, umm... really?

How is it that my friend's 10 year old kid knows that bump & run or taking the air off the rear is "like a technique" in stock car racing and a (so called) professional racing driver doesn't? I hate to say it, but he's not an especially bright kid (kind of dense, actually)... but he does know that much. To not be able to execute the move is one thing... and I think that is acceptable, as it would come with experience. But to not even KNOW that it's "like a technique"???!!! Come on now. The more I read words that have come out of Danica's mouth, the more convinced I become that she's almost a TOTAL media and PR creation, like The Monkees from the 60's.I think one of them could sing and maybe one could play an instrument. But they weren't "real".

What I enjoyed most were the comments from her apologists at the bottom of the article. I've often wondered what sort of people followed Jim Jones to his church of death out in the jungle. Now I know. And til the day I die, I won't forget Danica's comments a year or so back, when she was speculating about her future: "I'm not sure what I want to do... Formula One or NASCAR... I'm just not sure." One lifetime win in pro racing, and she was ready to jump straight into Sprint Cup or Formula One. It was like hearing Paris Hilton speculate on whether she wanted to go to the Harvard School of Business or the Darden School of Business, after making a B+ on a third grade spelling test. Delusional people are hella entertaining. I hope she stays in (some form of) racing circles for years to come.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Do you suppose she didn't even watch any NASCAR races before she tried to run one?
    N.Hayden L.Hamilton D.Earnhardt R.Gordon S.Speed T.Stewart J.P.Montoya G.Rahal Ferrari Lotus