Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Ecclestone has vowed never to retire.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/504...ct-in-valencia

"I cannot stop," the sport's British chief executive told the German Sunday newspaper Bild am Sonntag.
    "For me, to retire means to die. If I were to wake up in the morning and have no more problems or nothing more to worry about, then it will be no longer worth waking up," the former team owner, who rose to power with Max Mosley by his side in the late 70s, added.

Read more: F1: Ecclestone Vows Never To Retire, Red Bull To Use F-duct In Valencia | Reviews | Prices | Australian specifications http://www.themotorreport.com.au/504...#ixzz0rRJNYHx8

VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    If he will not retire, then he needs to be removed... with force.

Oh, by the way in a totally unrelated story, I'm setting up a charity called "Sniper Shots for Motorsport Supremos", in which we'll pay for snipers to target certain people.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    You have to admire his spirit, though...
    Formula 1

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    I doubt even death could stop him. A good taxidermist and a tape player to create a Bernie-bot - if you will - and we'll never know the difference.

All we need now is ten phrases to program into the Bernie-bot to give sound bites to the press or delegations. I nominate;

"Gimmie more money"

And/or

"If you want to build a world class GP facility, don't go to Silverstone to see how its done."

Anyone else?
    All other opinions are wrong....

5. Likes: Tazio (6th May 2015)
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Can someone please arrange for Bernie to meet another aggressive Pomeranian that will bite his nose again. Thanks.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    knowing bernie he will turn out to be immortal, and more and more F1 races will go to places nobody wants to go to but who have a shedload of cash.

thanks bernie, thanks.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well thats a lie, Bernis is clearly siging up all grand prix deals on long term contracts setting the future of F1 for some years to come, they are all getting long contracts, if all the slots are full what can he do?
    Mystery strikes again!

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Rock
    Well thats a lie, Bernis is clearly siging up all grand prix deals on long term contracts setting the future of F1 for some years to come, they are all getting long contracts, if all the slots are full what can he do?
    Get run over by a truck!!
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    I'm not surprised.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    You have to admire his spirit, though...
    Actually I do. Though I really dislike the greedy lil bastage, I also realize that F1 could have easily gone the way of CART or the IRL without Bernie's heavy, guiding hand.

What was the popular saying from a few years ago? You can hate the game, but don't hate the playa!

F1 is SO much better off with Mosley gone (IMO). But I fear that we may end up missing lil Bernie once he dies... since he's not going to fade away on his own. I'm really surprised that the major investors haven't insisted upon a succession plan though. Even ol' Rupert Murdoch has been forced to do that.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith