Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Huh??? -1 oval + 1 street course +1 oval still = 1 oval, no increase in oval count at all.

Gary
    We are looking at it different...lol

If Baltimore takes away an oval, we are down 1 for next year, and if New Hampshire comes aboard, it goes back up, so technically ,the count goes up.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    We are looking at it different...lol

If Baltimore takes away an oval, we are down 1 for next year, and if New Hampshire comes aboard, it goes back up, so technically ,the count goes up.

The RACE count overall maybe, but not the oval count. It stays the same. With that sort of "new" math, I now understand why each week you think Danica will win.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll be really disappointed if they lose Watkins Glen, as along with Barber, it's the best road course on the current IndyCar schedule. Also, if New Hampshire is confirmed for 2011 along with Baltimore, I still think we will only have 18 races next year with an even 9/9 split. Remember, if Milwaukee had ran this year we would have had an even 9/9 split. So, you could argue New Hampshire replaces Milwaukee and the remaining ovals stay so that you have 9 ovals next year. The addition of Baltimore would see the road/street course count go up to 10, but if they wanted 18 races then 1 would have to go. Personally, I'd rather see Edmonton go than Watkins Glen. Eventually, in 2012, I think the schedule will expand to 20 races with an even 10 oval/10 road-street course split. Hopefully, they can find a spot for Road America in their somewhere, as that is by far the best road course in the US.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry for confusion over my comment about Watkins Glen...as far as I know (not very far), ISC will honor their existing contracts but will not renew them. Therefore, the series will gradually lose ISC tracks over the next few years rather than just pull all five or six that they have at the end of the year. I am not sure how long the Glen is contracted for, but I seem to recall only one ISC track would be lost at the end of 2010 (I was guessing Kansas as the May slot went to São Paulo, but they may just move Kansas to later in the season).

I'm under the impression that Baltimore is replacing Edmonton. I'm not sure what NHMS would replace, but Homestead or Kansas would be logical guesses if NHMS has to replace anything (it may not).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would love to attend a race at NHIS again. My wife and I attended the CART races there in 1992-1995 and loved 'em! We were extremely disappointed when the owner sided with Tony G and, like most AOWR fans in the region, didn't attend the IRL races there. Assuming the rumors are true, we'll be back in the paddock and stands in '11.

By the way, why didn't Cavin mention the many CART races that were held at NHIS? Why do so many in the media continue to treat CART and the CCWS like they never happened? Some very big names -- Rahal, Mansell, and Al Unser Jr -- won races there.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURN3
    But it is likely replacing another oval.
    good, get rid of one of the crappy full throttle ovals and add in New Hampshire since its a drivers track over those lame 1.5 cookie cutters
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, there are certainly some signs pointing to New Hampshire returning to the schedule, apparently there is some beef going on between SMI and the tow officials per local news outlets.
    NHMS is asking Loudon to reduce its price tag for June's upcoming race from $170,000 to $65,000."No, we're not prepared to do that," said Loudon Selectman Roger Maxfield. "The answer is no, we won't."Maxfield said he thinks $170,000 to cover an influx of 100,000 people is reasonable, as is Fiske's hourly rate."He's also in control of 80 full-time officers, so that's a large detail," Maxfield said.NHMS has suggested cutting 38 police officers from its camp grounds and replacing them with private security guards supported by a few officers.Fiske said that plan isn't in the best interest of public safety."The crime is consistent with a city of that size," he said. "We have alleged rapes and assaults, let alone the DWIs."
    http://www.wmur.com/news/23938743/detail.html

It seems plausible that they are planning on moving the NASCAR date to Kentucky and replacing the June date with an ICS race, or using the IRL event to spread the cost out between three instead of two events.

Also, I haven't heard anything about Baltimore replacing Edmonton. City officials are pressing forward, but Northlands won't be the organizer, it will probably be either Green or Lanigan taking over. Watkins Glen is at the end of its contract, and they have been less than productive about promoting the event.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Has Indycar abdicated Road America to NASCAR?

I see all these new venues and haven't heard a thing about the possibility of RA being back in IC sked. NASCAR Nationwide (the 2nd tier NASCAR) drew about 60k fans on Saturday. We need IC back there too. Comments?
    life is always a crisis, for without crisis, there would be no excitement to life.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by booger
    I see all these new venues and haven't heard a thing about the possibility of RA being back in IC sked. NASCAR Nationwide (the 2nd tier NASCAR) drew about 60k fans on Saturday. We need IC back there too. Comments?
    I dont think any of us want to discuss it for lack of jinxing it
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mister
    Sorry for confusion over my comment about Watkins Glen...as far as I know (not very far), ISC will honor their existing contracts but will not renew them. Therefore, the series will gradually lose ISC tracks over the next few years rather than just pull all five or six that they have at the end of the year. I am not sure how long the Glen is contracted for, but I seem to recall only one ISC track would be lost at the end of 2010 (I was guessing Kansas as the May slot went to São Paulo, but they may just move Kansas to later in the season).

I'm under the impression that Baltimore is replacing Edmonton. I'm not sure what NHMS would replace, but Homestead or Kansas would be logical guesses if NHMS has to replace anything (it may not).
    Provide us with the link that Edmonton is going anywhere. Last I read, the race was staying put.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".