Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jan-thanks for looking out for me and the TOCA2 league

I've spoken with Bruce D offline and everything is cool. I fully understand his rationale.

Cheers,

Tannat
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X-ecutioner
    Just a suggestion, how about an F1 championship with rFactor with the F1RFT 2009 mod? I'm playing it right now, the game looks and feels awesome.
    What's the link for this mod X-ecutioner?
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce D
    What's the link for this mod X-ecutioner?
    I first downloaded the mod from this megaupload link here: http://www.filestube.com/c8d110ca38b...1RFT-2009.html

Then downloaded the Trackpack and update files from the modder's website here: http://szasztv.hu/e107/news.php

You'll have to register on the second link, and it hardly takes 2 minutes. Plus would be a good idea to translate the website through Google translate, since it's in Hungarian. The in-game menu is in English, so don't worry.

I downloaded all these files:

1. F1RFT 2009 mod
    2. F1RFT 2009 TrackPack
    3. F1RFT 2009 Update
    4. F1RFT 2009 Update1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce D
    I've been thinking about starting a offline championship for Race on / Race 07 / GTR Evo / STCC - basically any of the "Race" games that has the touring cars in it.

The idea is the run any of the WTCC/STCC touring cars available (including the Vauxhall Vectra add-on) at a track, people do the qualifying and the races versus the AI and submit screenshots showing their qualifying time, race time and fastest lap info. The results are then combined to give the race results, with points awared for positions, fastest lap and fastest time in qualifying ("Pole position"). The format would be a 2 race format, with the second race grid reverse-top-8 as per the default in the game. All races standing starts.

There would be championships for Drivers, Teams and Manufacturers. The Teams championship would be a max of 2 drivers per team and both to score points according to where they finish in the races.

The game could be played by people with both the offline and online installations of the games.

I'm posting this to see what sort of interest there is for this kind of championship, and any suggestions are welcome as well.

The basic idea is to allow those without internet access at home to compete on a regular basis with others.

I know this thread is old, but the idea of this championship seemd pretty cool.
    Whats a uni?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Race might be good. Or the new F1 game?
    Colin Steele McRae ...5 August 1968 - 15 September 2007...

Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    No chance now. Way too much on my plate these days, running the rally league and a fantasy F1 series thing at work which is taking up a lot of time but is a lot of fun.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    I'd be in for RACE too now if anyones interested. Might even be willing to run it...
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't actually have race 07/on for pc, i have race pro for 360, but the pc versions are pretty cheap now, so if a tournament is run with decent numbers, i may consider getting it
    Whats a uni?