Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts

Offline League interest?

I've been thinking about starting a offline championship for Race on / Race 07 / GTR Evo / STCC - basically any of the "Race" games that has the touring cars in it.

The idea is the run any of the WTCC/STCC touring cars available (including the Vauxhall Vectra add-on) at a track, people do the qualifying and the races versus the AI and submit screenshots showing their qualifying time, race time and fastest lap info. The results are then combined to give the race results, with points awared for positions, fastest lap and fastest time in qualifying ("Pole position"). The format would be a 2 race format, with the second race grid reverse-top-8 as per the default in the game. All races standing starts.

There would be championships for Drivers, Teams and Manufacturers. The Teams championship would be a max of 2 drivers per team and both to score points according to where they finish in the races.

The game could be played by people with both the offline and online installations of the games.

I'm posting this to see what sort of interest there is for this kind of championship, and any suggestions are welcome as well.

The basic idea is to allow those without internet access at home to compete on a regular basis with others.
    CMR4L titles: 2, RBR MF Cup titles: 2
    :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just a suggestion, how about an F1 championship with rFactor with the F1RFT 2009 mod? I'm playing it right now, the game looks and feels awesome. Car physics seem very accurate, at least how an F1 car should feel like, and it is mighty challenging to handle the car with all aids turned off. I struggled with the wheel settings at first, but you just have to turn the Force Feedback to -100 and it suddenly becomes mega accurate. Should be interesting IMO.

This video is a bit improved with very slight effects, but you get the idea. Looks almost the same on my PC with everything at maximum, Vsync on and Anti-Aliasing at 8x. It looks gorgeous and gives you that adrenaline rush of controlling a really fast car.

[youtube]f3CPxhxkKjI[/youtube]

720p HD version here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3CPxhxkKjI&hd=1

EDIT: The other video is probably from some other mod, so removed it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Another video, this time from Sebastian Vettel's car onboard at Silverstone:

[youtube]SjIefsi3Jug[/youtube]

720p HD version here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjIefsi3Jug&hd=1

Firstly I don't have the game or the mod, secondly I can't watch the videos so I guess not.

Seems like nobody is interested, I've posted on 3 different forums and this is the only one to get any response so I guess its a bad idea.

People seem to think things can only be online these days...

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Bruce, Tannat has just set up an offline Championship for TOCA2 (the old one) the thread should be only a few from the top. If you aren't already in it then we could do with another player. The best thing is that, if you don't have the game already, you can pick up a copy for peanuts.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Well Tannat and I were discussing running that series but I thought the entries were just too low for what I was looking at. Looks like he'll be lucky if he gets more than 4 guys at each race, which is not fair for the amount of work that goes into it. I have the Toca2 game, just not interested in taking part in the series.

You're not interested in taking part because there aren't enough entries? Why not enter and make it more enticing for others? TBH I think that's a **** attitude to have, surely a poorly entered series is better than no series at all? If not then don't bitch about people being interested when you yourself can't be bothered.

Sorry I breathed man, or dared to have an opinion different to yours.

And I meant that the entries were too low to run the series, not to take part. I'm not interested in taking part myself because I don't enjoy that game anymore, but thanks for asking before attacking me.

And I should think that the fact that I run a decent rally league on this very forum would indicate that I have a decent attitude normally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce D
    Firstly I don't have the game or the mod, secondly I can't watch the videos so I guess not.

Seems like nobody is interested, I've posted on 3 different forums and this is the only one to get any response so I guess its a bad idea.

People seem to think things can only be online these days...
    Probably because WTCC, STCC or GT games don't generate really that much interest? I've played Race 07 and Race ON and GTR2, but that was it, not really interested in playing with the touring cars anymore. I play Race now for the single seaters only, and rFactor for F1. Probably an F1 offline league would be interesting and get good entries, but that's just my opinion.

Sorry I breathed man, or dared to have an opinion different to yours.

And I meant that the entries were too low to run the series, not to take part. I'm not interested in taking part myself because I don't enjoy that game anymore, but thanks for asking before attacking me.

And I should think that the fact that I run a decent rally league on this very forum would indicate that I have a decent attitude normally.
    From what you wrote it very much seemed like you were attacking Tannat's series. You post a thread asking for a touring car championship, I point out that one exists and you write:

I thought the entries were just too low for what I was looking at. Looks like he'll be lucky if he gets more than 4 guys at each race, which is not fair for the amount of work that goes into it. I have the Toca2 game, just not interested in taking part in the series.
    Can you not see how that could be taken as an attack on the championship?

You ask for a touring car race and then say you aren't interested, I don't mind that your opinion is different but you seem really pissed off over the lack of people replying to your thread while a fairly similar one (IMO) is running already.