Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Goodbye wrc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    Yeah how dare Ford and Citroen continue to support a dying series while Subaru and Mitsu throw in the towel. How very rude of them.

With the amount of money they've put in they have every right to get rules that work for them as they have committed to continue. Skoda, Mitsu, Sube all gave up that right a few years ago...

Don't let the door hit you on the way out....
    Wow, your a complete idiot. This is a world championship, that is meant to have prestige, are citroen and ford the governing body's? NO. Everybody wanted S2000, but no, Citroen and Ford wanted 1600T, which is MORE EXPENSIVE. The jordan rally, what a commplete f*ck up that was because of Citroen and fords dirty tactics, it made the united states grand prix of 2005 look like a party at the ritz. you go ahed and support a dead horse,a couple of years time when there are no new teams, you will be complaining as well. The reason Mitisubishi, Subaru, Skoda pulled out was because they realised the regs were too expensive, and in real life they want to do a thing called 'make profit'.

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Sorry GPryan, I'm not generally given to calling people names but frankly, if you want to see an idiot I suggest you look no further than the mirror.

You've posted on a forum that you have only just joined, bagging the championship and the people involved, and then tell us that you are opting out ... and you expect the rest of us to care?

And then after saying this "I will never enagage in discssuion about the WRC or check any news about it." you continue to post!

You're not related to Langdale are you?

NOT said it best ... OK Bye.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Citroen and Ford having a big say in WRC is bad but Ferrari and Toyota opposing budget cap or FOTA trying to set up break away series and be governing body themselves is OK? I don't see the difference.... Besides I don't think FIA will do any better job of running WRC.

I rather have Citroen-vs-Ford WRC than nothing at all. Championship may not be as competitive or interesting as '90 or early '00 but I still enjoy watching WRC.
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    At least there are two manufacturers in WRC at the moment. When B-group started and Audi introduced their 4-wheel drive, it was the only car someone could win with. At least on gravel and snow. When Peugeot introduced the 205T16, it was quite superior. When the rules changed at the beginning of 1987, Lancia Delta was superior.

2011 it will be a new start for both Ford and Citroen and let’s see which of them has done their homework better. I think the engine rules will be quite simple and therefore the one that has the best suspension will be ahead of the other ones. For example Skoda have been very successful in IRC and I think it’s not only because of the engine and good drivers.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 101 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt
    Sorry GPryan, I'm not generally given to calling people names but frankly, if you want to see an idiot I suggest you look no further than the mirror.

You've posted on a forum that you have only just joined, bagging the championship and the people involved, and then tell us that you are opting out ... and you expect the rest of us to care?

And then after saying this "I will never enagage in discssuion about the WRC or check any news about it." you continue to post!

You're not related to Langdale are you?

NOT said it best ... OK Bye.
    Well said Sollitt... and for one of the very few times NOT made me laugh.

Bye!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GPryan
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    Yeah how dare Ford and Citroen continue to support a dying series while Subaru and Mitsu throw in the towel. How very rude of them.

With the amount of money they've put in they have every right to get rules that work for them as they have committed to continue. Skoda, Mitsu, Sube all gave up that right a few years ago...

Don't let the door hit you on the way out....
    Wow, your a complete idiot. This is a world championship, that is meant to have prestige, are citroen and ford the governing body's? NO. Everybody wanted S2000, but no, Citroen and Ford wanted 1600T, which is MORE EXPENSIVE. The jordan rally, what a commplete f*ck up that was because of Citroen and fords dirty tactics, it made the united states grand prix of 2005 look like a party at the ritz. you go ahed and support a dead horse,a couple of years time when there are no new teams, you will be complaining as well. The reason Mitisubishi, Subaru, Skoda pulled out was because they realised the regs were too expensive, and in real life they want to do a thing called 'make profit'.
    I think he was being sarcastic.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Seems the OP does not remember WRC and rallying in the days when it was good, it is those times and the history attached that keeps me interested.

Everything goes through highs and lows, and this is a low, how quickly it will recover is anyone's guess. Right now I am enjoying reliving my recorded footage from 1999 onwards. The action from 2000, 2001 and 2002 is fantastic to watch.

So as has been said, hope our newest quitter DOES get slammed by the door on his way out.

Good riddance!
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well, thats too bad

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GPryan
    No lower capacity and turbos is the way the majority of global manufacturers are moving and they want to use rally to develop that tech. That is what is know as "justifying investment". If anything it should encourage more people to join.

Their still in the championship spending a lot of money...so of course they should have a say compared to anyone from VAG, Mitsu etc.

Yes the tactics are bad no one will disagree with that but that's the FIA and the rules issue not Cit or Ford - they're merely trying to win by any means.

Mitsu and Skoda had their arses handed to them on a plate and ran off because they couldn't build a decent car. Subaru too - the "econcomy" argument is a convenient smokescreen to avoid losing face.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout: