Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MDS

I'm growing a little tired of people trying to dump on good news.
    Ok.....Hypothetical: What would happen if Kahne wins the Indy 500?

NASCAR fans will claim that the Indy Car drivers aren't any good because their guy hopped into a car and spanked them.

How many people who watched because of the NASCAR connection would then tune into the next Indy Car race even though their "boy" isn't racing?

NASCAR drivers at the Indy 500 is good for the Indy 500.
    It isn't good for the Indy Car series.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    You missed the point. At one time he (JPM) was an F3000 driver then a CART driver, briefly (1 race) an IRL driver, then an F1 driver, and now a NASCAR driver. You can only peg a driver as a "whatever" driver if that is the only place they've competed.

You missed the point. NASCAR already beats the message into the masses that their drivers are the best in the world.

If one of their drivers hops in a Indy Car and embarrasses established Indy Car drivers it will just validate their belief.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Kahne came from the traditional breeding ground of indycar drivers though- the dirt tracks. I'd love to see those guys that SHOULD have been Indycar drivers all along drive in the 500.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is worth the risk - it is highly unlikely that one of the NASCAR guys will win in a one-off race.... (not that they couldn't if they ran a limited schedule and got enough seat time - but they won't get enough seat time...)

honestly, if one of them gets a taste of the milk, you might just be surprised at the outcome (if I am a race car driver who put plenty of money in the bank driving "taxi-cabs" I'd be all over going to race "real" cars....) the Indy 500 is still bigger individually than anything NASCAR has to offer....

AJ and Mario winning at Daytona did not ruin NASCAR....

They need to figure out how to get some F-1 drivers to the table as well......

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
    the Indy 500 is still bigger individually than anything NASCAR has to offer....
    Do you still believe that?
    Sorry but the Daytona 500 is way bigger than the Indy 500. The Indy 500 isn't even the biggest race that day in the US.

AJ and Mario winning at Daytona did not ruin NASCAR....
    Different time, Different era.

They need to figure out how to get some F-1 drivers to the table as well......
    Doubtful. Most F-1 drivers want no part of Indy. Too Dangerous, and too beneath them.

We can argue the pros and cons all day but the fact is that Having NASCAR racers compete in the Indy 500 is just a gimmick. If you believe that it will stop the downward spiral that is Indy Car then you are quite the optimist.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    JPM Started in Indy Cars then went to F-1. Then he ended up in NASCAR when nobody else would hire him.

I would pay BIG money to see you walk up to Juan and say that to his face.

You are dellusional beyond belief.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell

Gary

Big Money? How much? I am expensive.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We can argue the pros and cons all day but the fact is that Having NASCAR racers compete in the Indy 500 is just a gimmick.
    So sayeth the only arbiter of motorsports facts, all the rest of us should just clam up. BTW where do we line up to kiss the ring?

What YOU see as a gimmick, many of US see as an attempt to return to a long standing tradition of drivers from multiple disciplines competing in the Indy 500. But then what do we know? We're just some low life scum, not worthy of the attention of a "real reporter".

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    JPM Started in Indy Cars then went to F-1. Then he ended up in NASCAR when nobody else would hire him.

Gary
    Big Money? How much? I am expensive.
    And too chicken to do it at any price. Oh sure, you might go up to him and soft pedal it as if it were a question, "Uh, Mr. Montoya is it true that ...". But to state it as a fact as you did here, no way would you EVER have the cajones to do that.

Gary

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    And too chicken to do it at any price. Oh sure, you might go up to him and soft pedal it as if it were a question, "Uh, Mr. Montoya is it true that ...". But to state it as a fact as you did here, no way would you EVER have the cajones to do that.

Gary
    Wow. When asked to put your money where you mouth is you go running for the "spin" dispenser.