Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by champcarray
    I feel for you, jimispeed. Early this spring, when the trees here in the northeast were finally starting to bud, I was thinkign about the many champ car races my wife and I attended at Nazareth. It must be a spring phenomenon, because hot summer days do not remind me of the champ car races at New Hampshire. (I hope to see NH on the IndyCar schedule next year!)
    I agree. I was at the same races. even the fall races at Nazeareth were cool. To be honest, the only HOT indycar races I've ben to were the July races when indycars first raced at hte Glen in the 70's. Summer Sundays are boating weather. Maybe that's one of Indycar's many problems. when you work 60 hours a week and have maybe a day 1/2 off a week, many people don't want to sit home and watch a race on TV on a warm sunny afternoon. I know I don't. I love early morning F1 races, saturday night races and watching races on the DVR sunday evening.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimispeed
    The soul of Indycar still exists, just needs the right tools. Hopefully the new "Indycar" can expose it again. It's sinking......

Indycar had better become the series it once was, or all we'll remember is, the series it once was.
    You're right.

In talking to some Freightliner guys from Portland a couple of years ago, according to them, there remained a lot of enthusiasm for that race, right up until it became obvious the powers that be thought they could still get people to turn out... even with a substandard product.

Do you think any A-list rock musicians are EVER going to write a song about Danica and the 17 dwarfs making their way from St. Pete to Iowa? Not likely.

The only hope is for this Bernard guy to realize that fans will buy a ticket (more than once or twice)... if you have something of value to see.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith